Tuesday, July 03, 2012

What I am doing on my summer vacation....

Well the last week of school I painted my bathroom an elephant shade of gray.. warm. also known as Better Homes and Gardens Stoney Earthware...

Next up is my first experience with chalk paint. I love it! However, next time I will be making my own instead of paying $35 for a small can of it. Still a great deal since I painted SIX chairs with it and still have a quarter of the can left.. but DANG. I have now distressed four of them and will have to give a pic of the entire room after the mess is clear :)

Next up is the boys room! My projects take FOREVER. I only have a bits of time here and there with having three children at home, and then there is that thing called laundry and they constantly ask to be fed....Anyhoo. Here are some pics of thus far

Chairs before



Bathroom Before


Bathroom After

That last pic, was the inspiration piece for the room. I loved that color in the mat of the frame. The rugs on the floor also have a touch of warm gray. There is another vanity to the right as you walk in that I did not picure. I decided the new color really brings out the richness of the armoire I moved in from our room, as well as that dark red accent color we have going on. and makes all the trim pop. This room is not finished. I would really like to frame out the mirrors in some wood molding. Trying to decide between an espresso color or black. Any input is welcome :) Also may do a dark espresso finish in the creases of the wood on the vanity.



1 comment:

The Binkley Family said...

Love the projects! You are inspiring me. Will you give me a run-down on how you painted/distressed. I have a table and chairs that need it badly!