Friday, July 13, 2012

Potty Training

It can take over your life. From the moment I found out I was pregnant I was dreading this day. I have a smart little booger and thought it would be a breeze. He has gone on the potty several times before. Just hit or miss. I got the Lori Jensen book from my friend Holly who used it with her little boy and it worked like a charm for her and eventually me. Its a Three Day Training Method. Basically You are by their side 24/7 for three days. FULL ON UNDERWEAR. All positive communication. I explained about how wet or poopy underwear is YUCK and DRY is GOOD! You do not even ask if you need to go potty but instead, are you dry? The whole emphasis is to help them to know their body and when to tell you. You can not leave because you have to catch an accident while its happening and regardless take it to the toilet. My parents kept my older two for this to happen which was a TREMENDOUS help. It was exhausting. I hated it. I thought I was going to die. But here we are on Friday and have had a two days without an accident. Until about thirty minutes ago a poop one. For some reason he has decided he does not want to do that on the potty anymore. UGH. Its a process and there are going to be occasssional accidents but no wet ones in three days! Has woken up dry as well. Here is my week in pictures....

at first we did not have underwear so we used sister's white panties that she had outgrown... dont hate me later Levi!

Soon after this pic he decided he did not like that seat anymore. It actually works better without to point down and he is a good balancer!

He was embarassed when I took his picture. How does he at 27 months old know to be?!

This was actually taken the first day right when we got the underwear. We have now been through 13 pair.

The deal is they are in a tshirt and underwear the whole time until they stay dry. We did a lot of playing outside.

We did venture out yesterday for lunch and play at McDonalds with friends. I was scared to death!!! I packed four outfits with clean underwear! My Mr. Regular now is not and I just knew it would hit there. He told me twice for tee tee and we made it all the way back home dry! I am not looking forward to visiting EVERY RESTROOM EVER.. but it will be easier on the pocket book!

No comments: