Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Its like a HEAT WAVE!

Its only April and our town is making records in temperatures. The high today??? 101~ A time when I am actually thankful for the dryness out here! Makes it much more barable.  The best thing about this town are the evenings. It can be a scorcher in the day and the night is almost always pleasant with temps in the 70's.  Here are some pics from this weekend that make me excited about summer.  I have to give a disclaimer though. Hearing this music coming down the street is actually a bit creepy to me, but my fun loving husband always darts for his wallet and out the front door chasing him down just like the kid he is deep inside.  One of the qualities that makes him a great dad! Our sweet friend/neighbor Ella joined in but was waiting until after her dinner to open hers. We are a hungry lil family and usually eat at 6 or sometimes even earlier. I am going to love certain things about being an old lady :)  You know like eating at 4m eating pea and egg salad, coffee a few times a day, always having a blanket on me, oh wait- I already do all these things!

3 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

oh, girl! It was hot here too, and unfortunately we had a ball game. But, yes, as the sun goes down it's awesome! How fun to have an ice cream truck in the neighborhood!

Alyssa said...

I'm laughing out loud about the blanket, eat when you want comment. That is so me! And I had not heard about your heat wave...sorry!

Lisa Renee said...

It scares me a tad to think about how the summer might be!!