Monday, April 23, 2012

Whats up around here

Mostly laundry. This is actually all gone and put away now but a whole new set is coming :) I have a tiny little laundry room that is actually the door way to the garage. I have a make-shift mud room area in a 'freezer' space. I have had quite a list of projects in my head. The laundry room has been one since we moved in. I would really like to add a laminate surface over the washer and dryer to prevent things from falling down on all sides of them and I would love one of those little halltree things complete with hooks and a bench with storage instead of my antique chairs being scuffed beyond belief.  I have had too much time lately to think about these things. First because of a proceedure and then due to illness we have been stuck in the house the entire weekend and now an added day with my daughter. We are thinking its the fresh avacados we used in our soft tacos Saturday night but I am throwing EVERYTHING out to play it safe.  Anyways, back to project list. I now also want to paint my bathroom, bedroom, and dining room chairs!!! HOLY MAD COW, now its all I can think about. I have also wanted a banquette eating area in my breakfast area and would love to replace that lamp you see there on the table.   I am seeing a lot of $$$$ signs.  BLAST HGTV!!!!!  This would not be such a bad thing if I had the two ingredients to make them happen! Time and Money!  How do you keep up with laundry for five people, have a clean house AND soak up that two year old before you blink and he is 6??!!  Of course there is always that thing called a job too. I just work part-time, on purpose because it has always been important to me to be involved in my children's lives in their classrooms, and activities. Also would LOVE to be exercising.  I am struggling to juggle. Therefore, I often have laundry on my chairs :) Besides dishes in the sink its my LEAST favorite thing.
  I am including a picture of my laundry solely because I want to remember the REALITY of my life at 38 with three children.  I think its time for a change though. I am ready to start some of these projects and make time for being healthy.  I definately could use the added energy and with a beach vacation coming up this summer, I would like to actually wear something that is okay to get wet in! 
  Yes I complain about laundry, a dirty house, and even sometimes the screaming children in it- would I change any of it??  All a blessing to have.  Just want to changea the things about me to make all these better.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

You know what??? I misread what you wrote at the top of your blog. My eyes read, "I have a whole new tiny set of laundry coming." So...I was waiting for the announcement! And then I reread it and realized that is not what you were saying. Yes, let's at 38 forget the laundry and breathe in our kiddos. Because our 2 year olds will be 6 in a flash and we'll have plenty of time to do laundry!

Amy McCown said...

Amen! I have to give myself that reality chck weekly when the laundry is piling up, the house is in need of a good cleaning, I have not exercised as much as I would have liked.....These are such sweet days and at some point we will be missing them so much.