Friday, March 30, 2012

Some things I want to remember about Levi





















I know now from having two older children that no matter how bad you want to hold on to a moment in your mind forever, that there very few that you actually can. This little guy changed me forever. I always wanted a big family but did not even start until I was 30. My husband is the baby of four but was good with having a boy and a girl when we discussed more when the youngest was a year. I was sad but then got very much closure on that. Low and behold four years later we were surprised with Levi. He has taught me to just LET GO. Across the board. I can only handle so much of anything with this energetic, always in motion unless asleep little man. Here are some of my favorite things with him right now:



1. In the morning we have about 30 minutes together after big kids are off to school. Because he is still kind of in the zone he will sit in my lap. I just kiss his soft little hair over and over until he starts asking to eat, drink, play, etc. We have to be at our little school by 8:30 so there is just enough time to soak him up.


2. Every time I tell him I love him, he responds with YOUUUUUUUU.



3. He has a devious little grin with one eyebrow raised (reminds me of my man Dave Matthews :)

4. This kid is NUTS for sports, especially golf and baseball and with NO encouragement. He has been wacking at anything that could remotely be considered a ball since he was a year old. Now that he has been aware of attending his brother's games all he can think about is basssssseball. Everyday he runs to the backyard to hit off the tee. I recently purchased what resembles a wiffle ball bat (I did it like this, I did it like that, I did it with a wiffle ball bat- Beastie Boys and yes I'm THAT old). He LOVES it!


5. He cannot sleep without his sock monkey, to which he refers to as May May.



6. He is crazed for banannas and 'onggges'. I have to cut him off and he does not like that one bit.

7. His favorite things to watch on television are Diego and Blue's Clues. He likes to interact and answers everytime. I knows colors in spanish now.



8. Would go without shoes if we let him. Everytime we get in the car he takes them off and throws them. I always get ont to him for this and he will respond with," SOWEE.... mean to mamma" Which I think means I didn't mean to mamma.


9. Can eat an entire bag of popcorn.



10. Absolutely can only sit for anything on the tv for only 20 minutes max. Cannot do movies.



11. Gives the sweetest most gentle kisses of ALL TIME :)

1 comment:

The Binkley Family said...

what a wonderful little blessing he is!