Today is my Mother in Law's birthday. She is an incredible blessing to me in many ways. We celebrated earlier at 8 this morning for breakfast, her favorite meal. It was a nice time of just being together. I love seeing them love on my children.
Birthdays are special to me. Although, I think it should be done on a more often basis, I enjoy celebrating those who have helped form me in some way. That would include just about everyone I have ever known. Some in positive ways and some not so positive. I DO believe however that you can take away some good in each person that God has put on this earth. IF not for the soul fact that HE is the one who created them.
There is a special family not related to mine by genetics, that I can feel God talking to me through. That may sound weird. But I think true. Wonderful examples of what HE expects from me. They are not perfect people and have been through incredible trials and heartbreak. That is very hard to see and makes my heart hurt as well.
The thing that stands out the most about each of these individuals is that they have their priorities right. Not on the shallow things in life. Not the silly things of materials that in reality no true happiness can come from. Some of the blessings I have been given by them include finding happiness in focusing on family and inward to the hearts of others instead of the worldly way. Be happy in the art and beauty of nature. Find happiness in simple, yet see the complexity God put in it.
Sadly I can get caught up in ways of the world and not even realize it at times. Like who cares about a wreath on the door in my last post or holiday decorations. I like the fact that I have the freedom and ability to state that HE IS RISEN on my front door but is it necessary that it be 'decorative'? I think not. Not that it is wrong to have or desire things that are pretty, I am just saying we have SO many blessings and basic things that we look over to be happy in.
My inlaws do a lot for us. They have paid for more meals than I could ever count. Mostly they have been involved in the important aspects of our family. Our marriage, our children, these are things that are priceless. I tried to provide for needs that are not necessary but luxuries in her gift, as most would do. This day makes me reflect on the blessings she has given me and taught me. To be kind and respectful to everyone. Realize that you do not know everyone's story and just be sweet for the simple fact that they are near you. To look for others' needs. Bless others with reflecting that happiness in a smile. That is KayEllen in a nutshell.
Birthdays should be everyday, verbally.
1 comment:
I love birthdays too! And what a sweet and special post! Those are great thoughts!
Post a Comment