
Spring MUST be upon us! Well despite the dust storms and freezing cold baseball games ( I could predict the weather by our game schedule), I am VERY much ready for Spring. I love planting the urns on my front stoop and have plans of potatoe vines this year with a little color in the middle. I am waiting to be sure of no more freezes. I have even been in the mood to spruce up the back porch and the kids have been able to be outside more lately. Thinking of investing in a swingset this year. All thoughts and input on that welcome! Not that I have THAT many readers. Anyhoo, Going to get in the attic tonight and get down the Easter Decor. Its always nice to see what I have, like Christmas all over again, because I honestly do not remember. I do NOT have an Easter wreath for the front door and have been looking for one for the past month that I like and that is affordable. I never found one so I made this one. Its haning a little crooked in the picture but I fixed that. I am going to add some olive green felt leaves to those flowers but I think it will do. I found inspiration from a Christmas one I saw on a blog I follow.
I just purchased all three kids coordinating outfits online today and spent right at $100 with free shipping and a $25 gift card. I am feeling pretty happy and proud about that! Almost done with Easter baskets with the exception of the oldest boy. Trying to be creative there. Putting them together is truly one of my favorite things. I collect small inexpensive things all year.
I have been busy with a little side venture of taking on design again and baseball season. We took a quick last minute trip to visit my parents on Spring Break but had the misfortune of being sick most of it. It started with Livi with what we thought was the stomache bug. Then we had one nice day of getting out to ride the Forest Park Train and play on the Trinity Park playground with a lunch at one of my favorites Lucille's on Camp Bowie. My favorite part of Ft.Worth!!! That evening my aunts came over for dinner and we had the nicest visit. Then IT hit me. I think I got a touch of the flu. Have not been THAT sick in YEARS. I had planned to return home that day but was way too ill. I have to say if it had to happen I was glad I was at 'home'. My parents took great care of me and the kids. I am sure they had to be exhausted. Nothing like having your mom and dad when you feel that bad. We made to and from safely, another HUGE blessing. I always have anxiety about travelling 5 hours with three kids. We stopped in Abilene on the way back in hopes of some Chick Fil A and scoring some hats at ACU, but to our dismay it was closed... for ST.PATRICK'S DAY??? Really?
I feel like I am finally getting somewhat of a handle on keeping the house and juggling kids schedules and working without being stressed out. The baby is two years old, he certainly rocked my world, but I am finally recovering. Just trying to stop and enjoy things before they are gone!
No comments:
Post a Comment