Saturday, February 20, 2010

Two Days to go..........

Well I am dilated and efaced and if nothing happens before I am going to be admitted this Thursday! We will not be doing pitocin to be induced but she will break my water and we will see how it goes! Please say some prayers!



I am SOOOO thankful that last week came and went without being very eventful! Trent made it back and I did not go into labor!

I am getting prepared in many ways. I went to Target and Babies R Us late Sunday before the snow was to hit again and bought many of the same things I had at one time! Mostly just things that will be needed right away. I found myself regretful of not knowing on some things like the crib sheets and changing pad cover b/c there was just not a lot of in between! I of course purchased yellow but also could not resist a velour brown with white stars in case its a boy, which I have thought it is all along. I can always return it! The reason I went was to get a changing pad, white kimono tops, and little tiny white socks to have for those first days or month or so. Target only had the changing pad. As I stepped out of my car at Babies R Us my foot just nearly missed a folded up dirty diaper. Good times.

Just finished up washing with Dreft, side note is VERY expensive for front loaders, folding and putting away all clothes, blankets, wash cloths and burp cloths! I had forgotten how TINY the newborn things are! Trent and I held them up just shaking our heads! It is all becoming a lot more real!

I had an appt. Monday and not much has changed since last week but I have been having many true contractions that are low, long, and hard. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow and am going back just to see. I had been a little aprehensive about delivering this week but then don't want to go into labor and not make it there in time as well. There is also that size issue as well. Every baby is diffent in every way and that just keeps going through my mind! Trent will be with me tomorrow so that will help in the decision making there.

Thursday is not working out to be the best day for Trent's side of the family which is unfortunate. I am not sure any of them will even be there for the delivery! Trent's grandad LD is being dismissed that day after hip replacement. His parents are helping with that. I believe everyone else will be working. The special thing about that day though is that its his grandmother's Etie's birthday! Ty also has his class/group school picture that morning and we are supposed to be there at 6AM! All of this is just typical for the Phillips family. If you have a plan, don't count on it b/c everything always changes several times before whatever event is supposed to occur!

I realize this is our third baby and probably not as special to most as it is to us. Although such a surprise, we are getting SO excited to be surprised! Little room is ready- painted (vintage blue), crib cleaned and up, changing table stocked full of items, and dresser full. The closet has one side with girl things, mostly that were mine as a baby, and one side with all of Ty's cowboy room stuff including bumpers. Just waiting to see which side will be used!

Prayers still very much appreciated!

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Praying for you girl! And, the Tide Free, All Free, or any of those detergents work as well as Deft and are MUCH less expensive. Even the Sam's brand is a lot cheaper, and of course, all are free of dyes, etc. They also have fragrance and dye free softeners. We used it and saved lots of money.

What do you need? Anything? Let me know what I can do for you and it shall be done!!!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and thinking of you tomorrow!

The Binkley Family said...

Been praying and will continue to pray for a safe and healthy delivery. Can't wait to see new baby Phillips!

PS I think it's a boy, too!!!!

Larissa said...

"not as special" (in reference to the 3rd child)...are you kidding me??? I'm still in shock myself that you're having a 3rd. I don't think it's fully set in you were ever pregnant. Levi must be an amazing child, because he was a huge surprise to everyone!!! I can't wait to hear all the details!!!