Well as of today I think I am 35 weeks by my original due date. I had a sonogram at 28 weeks that showed me a week ahead and the doctor has gone back and forth of March 10th or March 2nd. We are hoping that baby will be ready two weeks early like its brother and sister were who delivered at 7lb7oz, and 7lb11oz because Dad will be able to be around a little longer!
I started having more intense contractions yesterday afternoon and they continue today but not consistent. However there is a lot of pressure and baby has dropped. We are hoping to hold on until the week of February 25th. I would really like some prayers not only most importantly for a healthy baby and safe delivery, but also that Trent is here for it. He leaves for four days tomorrow, then is back for only four and then gone for 8! This weekend he is going on a guy's trip to Phoenix, if the weather lets up. We are getting snow and ice AGAIN today. This has gone on every week for the past several and is getting old! The next trip he has is for his Men's golf team again about an hour outside of Phoenix. He would not be able to get out of town in time and of course could not just leave his team! I am very anxious about this and would be heartbroken if he were to miss it. He of course is also the only person I would want to have in the room!
We have the other issue as well with me having scoliosis which does not allow an epidural to work on my body. I am hoping to be able to have a spinal block this go around and maybe be able to enjoy delivery a bit more. The only catch is that its only good for two hours after you get it and you don't get another one. Unlike an epidural, its less guess work on the anesthesiologist and in actuallity is a lot simplar proceedure. I had Olivia 30 minutes after my water broke so this has the possibility of going quite fast!
So many things are starting to come together. When I went home at Christmas my friend Holly loaded me up with a papson swing, bouncy seat, tub, and two tubs full of clothes. I was also able to get the crib that we used with Olivia back. My friend Shauna has lent me her beautiful and specially made by her Father-in-Law cradle for the first couple of months! I also have a friend from church who brought me some nursing pajamas and her boppy last Wednesday! I was so excited to have that to be able to take to the hospital with me.
Today, my sweet friends at Calavary gave three of us who are all due the same week a wonderful shower!!! The picture shown above includes me, Beth Berridge- our music teacher, and Rochelle Morris one of the pre-school Threes Teachers. Beth is having a girl and Rochelle is having a boy! We are all having our third baby! We had a beautiful breakfast and I recieved many diapers, wipes, and gift cards! I feel beyond blessed.
Ty has moved into what used to be the playroom and that was a HUGE task to re-organize his new room, old room, and move all 'girl' items and make them fit in an organized way into Olivia's room! We painted Ty's new room a khaki and its an array of various plaids! His old room, the baby's room we painted a pale blue to go with either Olivia's old bumper, which is a yellow background with a floral print of course including blue, as well as Ty's old bumper which is a vinatage cowboy print with that pale blue sky on a denim background. I am also hoping to get the cribskirt back which was used by both, a red gingham. I need to repaint my crib still and we will do decorative stuff of course after baby arrives.
I have had moments of wishing we had found out the sex of this baby but still overall am excited to be surprised. It made finding a coming home outfit quite a challenge. I ended up buying two that are each returnable. I also had a time finding a baby book. Ended up with a lime green scrapbook- the rest will have to come later but at least I have a place for 'first things'.
Things have changed so much this time. After having two children I have come to realize how much is not really 'needed'. The planner in me gets frustrated at times but I know it really doesn't matter and it will all work out. You would think it would be sinking in at this point but it really hasn't. Its still so hard to imagine, yet at the same time I am SO curious to know WHO will be joining our family! Olivia is super excited and said she would pick a sister if she could. Ty prays for the baby every night and doesn't care either way. He asks every morning if today is the day the doctor will take the baby out! I answer each time, " I sure hope not!"
I have been more specific than I have in my whole life when praying for this baby. There is SO much unknown. I had so many sonograms with the other two and was always very aware of what to expect. We have only had the one this time which wasn't bad but not 'perfect' like the others. At that time the baby's kidneys were a little red and swollen which can be nothing or indicative of chromosomal disorders. He ran the numbers and said that the results did not increase the chance of the latter but wanted to do another one further down the road in the third trimester. We are self-pay this time and for that reason as well as the fact that whatever the case it would not change our decision to have this baby. I would rather find something like that out after seeing its little face and falling in love rather than have months of anxiety and what-ifs.
God is in control, always has been. You would think that by now, with so many things not going as I planned but learning how and why His plan was better that I would have learned that! I am definately a work in progress and continue to grow through life experiences such as this one!
7 comments:
Praying for all of the things you have listed and more. I know that the Lord will give you peace when the time for your precious baby's arrival is here. The Lord's timing is perfect, I always have to remind myself of that. We did not find out whether we were having a boy or girl with Kaylee and it was so much fun! I bought a white Creative Memories baby book and I also had one outfit for either gender. I remember just knowing that she was a boy before she was born, was I surprised. Sending hugs and love your way!
Thinking and praying for you guys as you enjoy the last few weeks as a family of four and anticipate the joy and surprises that being a family of five will bring!
Can't wait to meet this little one...and I LOVE the fact that it is a surprise! Glad to see u tonight! Cant wait for next week!!!
Let me know what I can do to help you out, especially when Trent is out of town! Love you and can't wait to meet baby number 3!
I will be thinking and praying for you these last few weeks.
Praying for your precious addition. Keep us updated as you get closer and closer. You look so cute pregnant-as always!
Oh, there is so much on your mind and heart right now, friend. I love you and I am praying for all details for your sweet family. Such a special day coming soon!
You are so beautiful!
Post a Comment