Well, we got all gussied up and made it to the school on time at 4:30. Nobody made it clear that this was a come and go event or I would not have pushed Trent so hard to be home by then! We entered the building in all its choas with the expensive school supplies in hand! We were one of the fisrt people in Ty's classroom, which is about the same size as his pre-school 4's at Calvary! I was kind of happy about that! It was decorated very 60's with the theme of the year, "Peace, Love, and Stars." Stars are sort of the mascot of the school. Mrs. Grimsley was a very pleasant lady, whom I think may be a little on the quiet side. Not really what I expected for Kindergarten but she was nice. I was so proud of Ty in using his manners to meet her. He gave her a hug before we left and told her it was nice to meet her, made my heart melt and if I had allowed myself I could have been very emotional! We did not request a teacher and although we did not know who Ty's teacher would be until a week ago, I have been praying for her all summer. I am trusting God that they will be a good fit for one another! I believe there is a life lesson in every situation!
Ty did great while we were there but had a lot of questions at bed time and I can tell he is a little nervous which I think is normal! I would be too! We talked a lot about it and will continue to do so. I hope he is not emotional his first day or it will kill me!
We have had a wonderful 'Last Friday' so far. We went to the Galbraiths for muffins and playtime, a long time tradition that started when Ty and Noah were just a couple of months old!! We are about to head out for one last pool day. Ty's baseball team made the playoff tournament and that first game is tonight. Summer is coming to an end which makes me sad yet excited. Time marches on.....
1 comment:
Madi's teacher was quiet last year too. It kind of scared me, b/c I thought those kids would eat her for breakfast, but they have an amazing ability to have good classroom management and calm them!
Hope ya'lls first day is great!
Can we please do something soon!!! Let's get school started...and we'll make a time to do it! I miss you too!!!! :)
Post a Comment