We started the night before at Corinos in celebration for Ty. He had been nervous about it all weekend. He asked a lot of questions mainly and mentioned several times how much he wanted to go back to his old school. I actually was the one who did not sleep the night before! I am always anxious that I won't be prepared enough.
By morning, God had covered all of us in peace! He got up with out a complaint and was fine! Walked right in and greeted his teacher. Did everything on his own, found his locker, put up his backpack and then went and found his seat with his name on it! Neither he nor I shed one tear! I left feeling VERY at peace about it and was beyond excited for him!
Trent came home so we could pick him up together. When they came out he was visiting with his new friends and laughing. His teacher said it was a great day. We started to walk off and he said wait, I need to say bye to my friends... he ran back and talked to this precious little blonde girl and then ran back all smiles ready to leave!
We met our cousins to have ice cream afterward. I think it is going to be a great year! I am going to be the room mother which I am very thrilled about and look forward to watching him experience the first days of the rest of his life!!!
9 comments:
So sweet! You guys really made it special for him, that is great!
Elizabeth was nervous too because her classroom is on the same hall has 3rd and 4th graders (lots of 1st graders this yr). She thought they would laugh and think she was in the wrong place - I told her they would just think she is cute! Everyone ending up having a great day!
I am so happy he had a great first day! Sam was a wreck last Thurs & Friday but by this morning, he was Mr. Confident and went in and told us he was ready for us to leave. Now, getting ready for day #2!
I'm glad it you all had a great day. You'll be a great room mom, Ty is lucky you can do that!
Hooray!
I am so glad that Ty had such a great first day at school. I wanted the first day to be special for all of you. Glad that it was. We were nervous too. Thught that it was cute that Ty went back to say good-bye to his new friend--a nice little blonde girl. The pictures of Ty and the family are great.
Love Pop & Cita
Ohh...I told you..you are so room mother material! And they have already scooped you up! You are perfect for that job. Glad y'all had a great day. And you are SO stinkin' tan!
Looks like Ty was very excited about school! Glad he had a great first day and the pictures are all so cute.
I am glad that the first day was good. He looks like a handsome little man!
Dude....why am I crying right now! It's not even my kid's first day! I think I will be crying as each of our kids start kindergarten! Such an exciting, emotional experience!!!!! I am so excited that everything went smooth for you guys. You have such a beautiful family and I miss you! I don't get to see you near enough!
Post a Comment