Wednesday, August 12, 2009

9 Year Anniversary

Lots of things have changed since this day back in 2000. My how I have aged! Didn't think I would be saying that just 9 years down the road! Trent has too but he just looks better. Funny how it works like that! We have moved twice, gone through different jobs and had two children. I wonder what it will be like years from now. To say we have grown as a couple is just not even the tip! I think mostly that is due to my man. I have grown some individually but am not near as far along as he is. This year imparticular has been the year of most change. He has really taken his faith seriously which has filtered into every part of his life and most noticeably as a husband. He says he just made the choice and has followed through. I however have let many things get in the way for me and feel so blessed, that despite how much I lack there he is patient with me. I am not saying that Trent is perfect, he is not. But I do think he is the perfect person for me.

There are probably some people that doubted that we were meant for each other when we dated. We probably did too at some points but as I have said before, I always felt that God drew me to him and now we are at the point in life where it is so much more visible as to why in many many ways. We could not possibly be more different from one another, but that is one of the reasons I think we need each other. God knew more than I did of course, how much I needed different!

It is really neat for me to see him in my children, not physically but in their actions. My son especially is so touchy and loving, even when I am in the worst mood or he senses that I am upset, he makes a special effort to show me love. That is pretty darn amazing for a five year old! My daughter could not be more like him! I just hope these things never change. I am proud to see that he is having a deep impression on them. I think they see too much of my non-proud moments and am glad that they are not taking on my traits there!

I know he gets frustrated with me at times. It definately goes both ways. We are far from a perfect couple. We have our 'junk' just like everyone else. I am secure though that he is in it for the long haul as am I. It is SO hard at times- but I always know we have a firm foundation and HE can get us through anything. I am SO thankful for His hand over the past 9 years. I just pray that I can grow more into the wife that He wants me to be. I am a work in progress!

3 comments:

Pop said...

Happy Anniversary to a couple that have a beatiful future together. I feel that I a great daughter and son. May God bless you in all that you do.
Love
Dad

Chelle said...

Ah, sweet post! Happy anniversary. Love you both, can't wait to hang out with you all!!!

The Binkley Family said...

Congrats! We celebrate 9 ys in Feb and I know what you mean about changing....I feel like I have aged so much!!!

I am glad that you are your family are doing so well! Miss you guys!