I just took some time and looked back what was going on at this time over the past couple of years. That is so fun to do, just reflect-try to remember and then see how much has changed!
We have now been in our house a year and its definately become home! Trent and I have done A LOT of yard work lately. We put flower beds around our trees out front, re-did the jungle bed in front of the playroom window, and completely did the backyard! Most of this was done before things have really 'heated' up for June! We are staining our back porch in the next week or so. We are now putting our efforts on the outside, however I am doing yet more painting was well, I know I am crazy. I am doing the living room the same color as my dining room b/c I like it so much, and Ty is finally getting a painted room! Our bathroom is also being re-done with new floor in the shower and I will finally get to use my bathtub in two weeks!

I have ended up subbing quite a bit for Calvary's summer school. All but one day so far! It has been nice though and I look forward to another paycheck! The kids are loving it. I had Olivia's class today and it was neat to watch her interacting with the kids and we were in the class room she will be in next year which is starting pre-school for her! We will be in the same class again Thursday.
We have already been to the pool twice, Meme and G's once, and two other friends homes with pools! The kids are LOVING swimming. Ty is swimming on his own great, diving under water and doing tricks! He was in floaties last summer! Olivia is in floaties still but having a lot of fun. Hoping to break her in this summer!
I don't know that I have mentioned this before but some of our closest friends, and the first couple we met at church and hung out with, moved in across the street around 3 months ago. They have a little girl Ella who is Olivia's age whom she will start kindergarten with and hopefully go to school with forever! The Martins are very dear to us and it has been SO fun having the kids play together back and forth and having someone 'close' so close!!!! Such a blessing! I have never lived that close to good friends and LOVE it!
I have started seriously working out again with a great new friend who has been a wonderful accountability partner. She married a man who used to be a trainer which has been very beneficial! This girl knows what she is doing and has us on a plan. She has been a great encouragement to me in many ways and I have really enjoyed getting to know her and her family more! Trent has played golf with her husband over years but through other friends from that same circle we have gotten to know each other more. She keeps my bootie inline and its getting much tighter!!!! HA!
We went as a family to see "Up" in 3D one evening last week. It was great, we all really enjoyed it. We had to hold Olivia's glasses up for her the entire time because they were so big! I love watching and listening to Ty laugh so genuinely! I have been holding him a lot lately... in the mornings or at night. He said to me the other night that he was growing and before too long he would be too big for me to do that... I teared up! I told him I didn't care, and that I would still be kissing his head 10,000 times when he was a man with his own kids! Maybe not snuggling him in his bed or holding him while he drinks his mornning chocolate milk watching batman.
We have our first trip planned the end of this month to go to my parents and then our annual East Texas trip. I am SO excited about that. We have not been home since Spring Break and I am ready. We have however had a lot more metroplex type weather here lately with thunderstorms and everything. It has been really nice for our newly planted flowerbeds! The storms have also been conveniently at night not to interrupt our outside playtime... thanks God!
We have now been in our house a year and its definately become home! Trent and I have done A LOT of yard work lately. We put flower beds around our trees out front, re-did the jungle bed in front of the playroom window, and completely did the backyard! Most of this was done before things have really 'heated' up for June! We are staining our back porch in the next week or so. We are now putting our efforts on the outside, however I am doing yet more painting was well, I know I am crazy. I am doing the living room the same color as my dining room b/c I like it so much, and Ty is finally getting a painted room! Our bathroom is also being re-done with new floor in the shower and I will finally get to use my bathtub in two weeks!
I have ended up subbing quite a bit for Calvary's summer school. All but one day so far! It has been nice though and I look forward to another paycheck! The kids are loving it. I had Olivia's class today and it was neat to watch her interacting with the kids and we were in the class room she will be in next year which is starting pre-school for her! We will be in the same class again Thursday.
We have already been to the pool twice, Meme and G's once, and two other friends homes with pools! The kids are LOVING swimming. Ty is swimming on his own great, diving under water and doing tricks! He was in floaties last summer! Olivia is in floaties still but having a lot of fun. Hoping to break her in this summer!
I don't know that I have mentioned this before but some of our closest friends, and the first couple we met at church and hung out with, moved in across the street around 3 months ago. They have a little girl Ella who is Olivia's age whom she will start kindergarten with and hopefully go to school with forever! The Martins are very dear to us and it has been SO fun having the kids play together back and forth and having someone 'close' so close!!!! Such a blessing! I have never lived that close to good friends and LOVE it!
I have started seriously working out again with a great new friend who has been a wonderful accountability partner. She married a man who used to be a trainer which has been very beneficial! This girl knows what she is doing and has us on a plan. She has been a great encouragement to me in many ways and I have really enjoyed getting to know her and her family more! Trent has played golf with her husband over years but through other friends from that same circle we have gotten to know each other more. She keeps my bootie inline and its getting much tighter!!!! HA!
We went as a family to see "Up" in 3D one evening last week. It was great, we all really enjoyed it. We had to hold Olivia's glasses up for her the entire time because they were so big! I love watching and listening to Ty laugh so genuinely! I have been holding him a lot lately... in the mornings or at night. He said to me the other night that he was growing and before too long he would be too big for me to do that... I teared up! I told him I didn't care, and that I would still be kissing his head 10,000 times when he was a man with his own kids! Maybe not snuggling him in his bed or holding him while he drinks his mornning chocolate milk watching batman.
We have our first trip planned the end of this month to go to my parents and then our annual East Texas trip. I am SO excited about that. We have not been home since Spring Break and I am ready. We have however had a lot more metroplex type weather here lately with thunderstorms and everything. It has been really nice for our newly planted flowerbeds! The storms have also been conveniently at night not to interrupt our outside playtime... thanks God!
4 comments:
I need to see you soon...
YAY! Sounds like all is well, and don't hate me for not seeing you when we were there. It was a fast and furious trip. Who are you working out with?
I went to the gym with my mom while I was there. Loved it so much I told her if we'd move there I would work there and teach some classes, and would even let her come. She refused to ever go to an exercise class I teach based on the workout she saw me do. Too funny.
Where is your house anyway?
I am working out with my friend Kimberlee Sheilds at Zach's Gym. Its great! I understand... that is how most of my trips are home. I looked for you at church though! Glad you had a nice time with your family. We live on 84th in between Elgin and Chicago or even broader... in between Chicago and Frankford. If you know the Dowell's we live across the street from them. LOVE our new neighborhood and thank God everytime we drive down our street!
I miss you guys and hope all is well! You have such a beautiful family!!
Post a Comment