Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

Thanks Kerri for the fun shirts to celebrate THE man on Father's Day!

Trent's gift awaiting him before early service!! He has mentioned this is something he has always wanted to learn how to play so we surprised him with it by hiding it over at our neighbor's house. I can't believe the kids's didn't let it slip! We got it weeks before so they probably forgot!
I fully intended on getting a picture of the kids with dear old dad and his gift but I am just not that good anymore.
We celebrated by going to church and then to The Breakfast House for brunch with G (Trent's dad) and then came home to a lazy day on the couch to watch the U.S. Open. Here is the poor guy with a heating pad while doing electro therapy. He has back problems and did something to agrivate that this past week :(
Olivia and I got a little bit silly with the camera!

How blessed are these kids to have such an incredible Dad?! He is such a great balance of silly and discipline and I am so proud of the example he is to them. I have told so many people this... but he just sets the tone for our family and helps me to be a calmer person and encourages me in so many ways to be a better parent. I know these kids will look back on their time at home someday and remember these things and have SO many fun memories with him!




2 comments:

Sara said...

Love this pic of Olivia. So precious! And...a guitar! That is awesome! i love it. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

I love you Lisa! I miss you SO much! This pic of you and Liv is precious! I think we have some pics of us like that somewhere. You are always so much fun!