Monday, December 15, 2008

100 Random things...

From a friend, I know nobody will actually read this. Maybe someday if I ever take the time to have my blog bound my kids will find humor in it?! I tag Amy Davis, Nicole Brantley, Kerri Thompson, Sara Kemp, Linnea Oxley, Jodi MAC, Emily Thomoson and Mandy Davis




100 random things about me:




1. I am EXTREMELY cold natured!


2. My favorite color is red.


3. My favorite food is sushi (rolls)- thanks for the introduction Mike Yoshita!


4. My favorite car I have ever had is my current one- Chev. Suberban! The passat was a close 2nd!


5. I married my exact opposite! God really knew what I needed!


6. My favorite thing to do is sit on the couch with my family Saturday mornings watching Batman and drinking coffee!


7. There are not many people that I have known and lost touch with- maybe three!


8. I drink way too much coffee and diet coke.


9. I love the smell of clean laundry and bleach


10. My favorite candy is 100 grand bars


11. My favorite stores are Forever 21, Target, and Hobby Lobby


12. I have a strong appreciation for golf, thanks to my husband who is one of the best I know


13. LOVE to go to movies!


14. I get way too into the Barbie aisle at the store.


15. I love to 'comfortably' dress up



16. Love long hot baths and sitting by the fire


17. I wish I would have stuck with dance longer


18. I used to be a Hospitality and Corporate Designer for an Architecture Firm in downtown Dallas- seems like it was all just a dream now!


19. I get together with my highschool friends more often than those from college


20. I have lots of strange names for the ones I love!


21. I really do wish I were I dream of Jeannie!


22. My middle name is Renee


23. I am an only child


24. I love old people and children probably more than the average person!


25. I have come to really love this brown town that I have now lived in for 6 years!


26. I have control issues


27. Lubbock drivers irritate me greatly


28. My 'church' family really IS my family! Wow am I blessed there....


29. I can't wait to see my children open their Christmas presents!


30. LOVE girl's night out!!!


31. Also love dates with my husband!


32. I drink wine.... really its the only alcohol I enjoy and maybe only once a year!


33. Roast is my all time favorite home cooked meal


34. I miss my Nana and Paw Paw on a daily basis. Both of which have been gone for quite some time now.


35. I really enjoy cooking and baking but rarely feel I have time to do so. Yea for our quarterly casserole swap!


36. I almost enjoy the satisfaction of laundry and don't mind folding it, but for some reason have real issues with putting it away!



37. I could be in the movie 27 dresses! I actually was in 9 before I had my own wedding and related a lot to that closet!


38. Because of the way the previous number played out, my husband and his mother did the majority of the planning of our wedding! I did however pick out my dress and found a picture of the cake! They even went and registered for us. I was just a bit over it by then and working my biggest deadline ever at work!


39. We had a family only wedding and still had 150 guests. 8 of them were my side!


40. I had no attendants in my wedding, it was seriously the happiest day of my life until my children were born. I cried at all three events!


41. I was nearly 30 when pregnant with my first child, wouldn't change that for anything!


42. I had a blast with my roomates after college and am so glad I was able to experience the single life in the way that I did.


43. I had to have two epidurals when I had Ty. The second worked rather well.


44. When I had Olivia, I only lost feeling from the epidural on my right leg from my knee to my toes. I was a little peaved.


45. I have scoliosis


46. I am double-jointed


47. I laugh out loud every time I watch Elf and Raising Arizona regardless of the fact that I have seen them both hundreds of times!



48. I cry everytime I hear the song, "Remember When" by Alan Jackson and "God Bless the Broken Road.. That Led Me Straight To You." by Rascal Flatts- I picture Trent's face the length of both of theses songs!


49. I can still do the splits and a cartwheel at almost 35 years old!


50. My parents and I were baptized together when I was 13


51. One of my favorite memories with my Dad is sitting out on the tailgate of his truck on Christmas Eve with the binoculars looking for Santa.


52. I graduated from Abilene Christian University a year late in 1997 with a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design and a minor in Biblical Studies.


53. I use different accents to make my kids at school laugh, such as Italian Woman, Farmer Dan, and Burly Man! I also do a great Choir Girl when singing!


54. I can stare at the Christmas Tree for literally hours.


55. My favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night


56. I once went 150 on the George Bush Tollway in our old Passat, it was great. We made it from Lewsiville to Plano for a wedding in 10 minutes!


57. I absolutely love to be in a tank top and flip flops with the temperature near 100.


58. I am comfortable speaking in front of people. Weird.


59. I LOVE my bed.


60. Home is my favorite place to be.


61. Dave Matthews holds a dear place in my heart and envelopes our (Trent and mine) dating years! I have only missed one concert in 12 years!



62. Fort Worth will always be home to me.



63. I ran the track with several of my girl friends in our underwear the week before we graduated, it was late at night! We spent hours later laying on a huge track mat just talking and laughing!


64. My friend John Miller taught me how to drive a stick shift, reluctantly, when I was 16.


65. Savannah Georgia is my favorite place I have ever visited.


66. I have a HUGE love of Art. I miss visiting the DMA on a regular basis, my building was directly across the street from it so it was very convenient at one time.


67. I just recently become somewhat of a reader. I have read three books this year, that is a record for me!





68. I love being a mom even more than I thought I would.





69. I truely believe that everyone who has entered my life did so for a reason. God has made many many attempts to mold me through others.





70. Text messaging is the best invention ever! No talk, to the point!





71. I have acquired a strange love for hip hop in the past couple of years, probably from working out- also a recent acquirement!





72. I did locks of love a year and two months ago and will probably never have long hair again.


73. I had LASIK surgery almost two years ago and LOVE IT!


74. I am starting to see myself age in my face. I am not as scared about it anymore.


75. I am not a touchy person. I like to be left alone for the most part, but have come a long way!


76. I spent a lot of years caring too much what others thought, now I am almost the other extreme.


77. Shopping really does give me a high!


78. I crave something sweet after every meal.


79. I wore my slippers to school today! No, it was not pajama day... that is this Wednesday!


80. I love to watch my children sleep.


81. I think everyone should be required to watch The Pursuit of Happyness and read The Last Lecture


82. I am TERRIBLE at math!!!! Yet somehow swung an A in Geometry! I still count on my fingers and do long multiplication! I am scared of when my kids might need help with their homework someday!


83. The Rockettes Christmas show at Radio Music Hall is the best show I have EVER seen!


84. People talking loud on their cell phone annoys me to no end!


85. I am not big on peanut butter.



86. I drug jumper cables under Trent's car the entire way to church Sunday before last to church.



87. My husband gives the best massages ever, I LOVE THEM!



88. I love to have my hair messed with.



89. I really enjoy coloring!



90. Milk duds in popcorn with a diet coke at the movies.. priceless.



91. 82nd Street Cafe in Lubbock Texas has the best Vanilla Creams on the planet.



92. I have been converted to sweet tea.



93. I do not claim a denomination anymore although I attend a Church of Christ now. Don't assume I agree with everything.



94. I am shocked if ANYONE reads this!



95. I feel 16 everytime I go home.



96. I get intoxicated by looking into my daughter's eyes.



97. I put things in strange places and then lose them forever.

98. I don't fold underwear.

99. I love holding a new born baby!

100. I have a purse fedish.

6 comments:

Pop said...

I don't know---you never know who turns up reading your blog.

dad

Larissa said...

I've gotten through a 1/3 of it, I love reading these! I love old people too! :) And you know I drink way too much coffee and diet coke! :)

Okay for real though, after the holidays we are getting together for our coke! This time I'll try not to have ear infections and pink eye! :) I hope ya'll have the best holidays! Love you!

Jennifer K said...

Target didn't beat you out on my blog roll...it is done by that most frequent update. :)

Also, if a blog is private then it doesn't show up! You made me laugh, and I needed it!

Sharon said...

This was a great list - I so can relate to so many of your items! Hope you guys had a great Christmas & have a Happy New Year! Love you guys!

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I read your list and I loved it! I like reading those kinds of things.

A D said...

Okay, I read your list. I too don't mind doing laundry but hate putting it up. I also do not fold my underwear! And as you know my middle name is also Renee'!