So Tuesday afternoon we come home and watch a movie... BUT... 45 minutes into it we have to stop it. I tell Ty and Pop to go put on their new pajamas and robes and we are off! They have no idea what is up. We pull up at Samuel Jackson Depot where a train awaits with many others in their pajamas! It was 20 degrees and the wind was blustering snow flakes by us!!! Ty's eyes light up!!! So do Pop's! They get in line to board where the conductor yells out.... "ALL ABOARD! NEXT STOP, NORTH POLE!!" This is when Ty REALLY gets excited! This was a special surprise for Pop too because his dad, my Paw Paw, was an actual train conductor. Every time we are in the metroplex he takes Ty on some sort of a train ride.. ... its kinda their thing together! I tell Ty, Happy Birthday and they take off on the train while the rest of us go eat and meet them back later. I was told that they drank hot chocolate and listened to the story and then arrived at THE North Pole (AKA Santa Land) where Santa boarded and talked to each child and handed them a bell. They even sang Happy Birthday to Ty! They de-boarded ALL smiles! I think it was a night to remember!
6 comments:
Aw! Ty's smile in the first pic is priceless!
that is so much fun. we are going to one around here and your pics get me excited.
loved "trent's" comment - it was a surprise until i read the one after it. then i laughed! like that is something trent would say???
So Sweet
Got your comment -- I am dying to know new purse info! Email me when you have a chance
kristen_oquinn@hotmail.com
Hope your holidays are going great!
What a wonderful memory! That is a wonderful idea!! I also read your other posts and am missing you! Have a blessed day and Christmas!
That is awesome!! That was so sweet of you to do that for Ty but esp your dad!!
Post a Comment