Not officially til Tuesday but we celebrated yesterday out at Coyote Run Ranch. Very fun place if you have not ever been there. Funny story there... I thought I had not but indeed I had just two months earlier! I am such a disaster people. There really was a time when I lived by a dayplanner and was quite the organized person! Now, just a big ball of mess- I probably appear close to pigpen from Charlie Brown!
Anyways.... the party was great. I was a little concerned about attendance at first because it was not the best weekend for it with such a big game in town and the time being at naptime. There was also another party for a little girl to which we have many common friends but I was limited on the date and time so there ya go. It all worked out nicely though with a perfect number for the festivities... turns out its good to over-invite despite the place told me we were limited to just 25 kids! The kids pet and fed many farm animals, each got to ride a horse, and we all took a hayride! I made the ugliest cupcakes you have ever seen but the kids seemed to like them. I will not be doing that again, ordering would have been a better idea but for some reason I thought I could draw a flower, I was wrong. I did large rice crispie treats for party favors which were a hit! Why did I not think of that before??!!! We made them this time with dried cherries - red was sort of the theme. Olivia had a ball! So did I! This was the first year I think I had as much fun playing with all of her stuff when we got home as she did! She was very blessed and was just now introduced to Cinderella, Snow White, and more girly type items! Her best friend is her brother and she loves everything he does so up until this point she has been all about super heros and trains!
My parents were able to travel to be here despite my Dad's continuing health problems and it was a blessing to have them. The kids just ate them up as always. Olivia got an incredible story book with every one of them you can imagine in it! My mother read a bunch of them and the kids couldn't get enough.
She is becoming such a big girl and I cannot believe my eyes! MY BABY! She is just really coming into her own. She has become a real yapper, don't know where she gets that!?! She is still loving baby dolls and her favorite thing was a baby that moves and coos. She also is enjoying her purse and the lip gloss in it and loves to pretend to be a mommy. Her favorite color is still yellow but she has added pink to be top second. Her favorite thing to eat is chicken and LOVES candy, mostly suckers. That would be my fault for using them as a reward! She always wants to have her nails painted and is very into jewelry. I guess a typical girl! She is super special to me though and I am going to enjoy the snuggling and holding while it lasts, at this rate it will be gone before I know it!
My parents were able to travel to be here despite my Dad's continuing health problems and it was a blessing to have them. The kids just ate them up as always. Olivia got an incredible story book with every one of them you can imagine in it! My mother read a bunch of them and the kids couldn't get enough.
She is becoming such a big girl and I cannot believe my eyes! MY BABY! She is just really coming into her own. She has become a real yapper, don't know where she gets that!?! She is still loving baby dolls and her favorite thing was a baby that moves and coos. She also is enjoying her purse and the lip gloss in it and loves to pretend to be a mommy. Her favorite color is still yellow but she has added pink to be top second. Her favorite thing to eat is chicken and LOVES candy, mostly suckers. That would be my fault for using them as a reward! She always wants to have her nails painted and is very into jewelry. I guess a typical girl! She is super special to me though and I am going to enjoy the snuggling and holding while it lasts, at this rate it will be gone before I know it!
4 comments:
i can't believe she's so big! glad she had a great party. miss you!
We had a great time at Olivia's party! We should really hang out more often. Talk to ya soon!
What fun! Happy 3rd birthday Olivia!
Happy 3rd Bday, Olivia! I don't know what you're talking about (I'm sure you're just being modest!), because those cupcakes look cute! BTW, love-love-love the pic of Ty holding Olivia - so sweet, what a special relationship. Hope you're having a good week & that your dad is doing better (still praying for him).
Post a Comment