Thursday, June 05, 2008

We're in!

K, All of our stuff is here but I wouldn't say we have quite 'moved' in yet! The move was some what eventful but we made it through. Still some boxes and lots of organizing to do. We have made what seems like thousands of trips to Home Depot and I still have some texturing and painting to do, then.. we should be to a point.

It has been crazy windy and hot here lately. We get less dirt from it at this house though because we are a little more sheltered, which is nice. Where we were before there were open fields near by which made our porch, and well everything gross. The great thing about Lubbock is the nights though, especially in the summer. We enjoy sitting out on the porch after kids are in bed, always have. We have been busy working in the new house all day since we have been here but its nice knowing we are not missing anything with all this blow dryer weather! I don't think I would even want to be at the pool in it. We are starting back this next week though and I can't wait. Trent is going to work with Ty in the pool some and then he will most likely take lessons at some point this summer. Olivia has no fear at all this year, which creates quite a bit of fear in me!

Ty had his first T-ball practice Tuesday. Sports at this age are so entertaining. Some of the parents crack me up. I am excited about this one though. We have five practices and then two games a week for a month or so. His team name is the Red Sox. O is such a great supportive lil sis... everytime he is at bat, she notices without us telling her and yells, "Yea Ty!" She is already asking to play. Not just yet little sister, you are my baby for at least one more year!

Some sad news in our family, Trent's great uncle (Gary's Uncle- Morris Turner) passed this past weekend and his funeral was today. The kids and I went for the family meal and then came home for naps while T went to the funeral. I did not know him well but he was known as quite an incredible man. He was a former Mayor of Lubbock and served on City Council and actually built the church we met in today, Sunset. It was neat to meet so much of Trent's family on his grandmother's side that I had not met before. His aunt came in from Tucson as well. Its neat how things like that can bring people together from all over.

Well its great to be out for summer. It seems like we should have more time but its 6 O'clock before I know it everyday! Looking forward to being more lazy soon. I don't even feel one bit guilty about saying that. If you have the desire to texture or paint, come on over! I am typing on T's laptop now but we do have internet service again and as soon as we get our 'real' computer set all up again I will definately post pics from the past month or so.

13 comments:

April Carrasco said...

You need to post pics of the new house. Congrats on being moved in. Good luck on unloading boxes. I don't understand how we can own so much stuff :O!

1literatimommy said...

I too would like to see pics of your new home! Of course, it sounds like you are soo busy! Congrats.

Prince Edward said...

I can't wait to see pictures of all you are doing to the new house! I know it will look great.

Enjoy the beginning of summer!

Candice said...

Welcome to your new home!

Jennifer K said...

Hope you are enjoying the new casa!!

Alisha Stewart said...

I need to check up on blogs more often, I had no idea you guys FINALLY sold your house. Praise God! You have to post pics soon!

Michael Ann said...

yes, I am ready for some pictures...but I'll cut you some pic slack since you've moved!! So glad you are liking your new house and all is well. Love you!

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see pics of your new house! Congrats!

SS said...

I'm glad that yall are finally in. Pics???? I will make my way over there soon, I promise. It's just been a really busy month. I hope everything else is going good.

realitymomma said...

now the fun part.... i know you are loving painting and decorating though! where is your house and it am i understanding that it has a pool? nice!

Lisa Renee said...

We are just 15 blocks north from the old house, no there is not a pool- we go to Lakeridge. I don't think I could maintain a pool! Just like to swim in one occassionally!

Jennifer K said...

So when is the housewarming party?? And when are we meeting at WalMart again?

The Oxleys said...

Just wanted to let you know that I left a small message on my blog today - still learning though. Catch up more later!