Well, we are still trying to figure out where we will be putting our desk type items b/c we don't have a desk at the moment. We are still going back and forth on whether to purchase one or do a wall unit with shelving so it could be a while before I have a place to download pictures. They are stacking up in that camera! Maybe Trent will figure something out but in the mean time I will just give an update.
My Dad had a birthday this past week and we got to spend one full day with him a week ago yesterday where we gave him his Father's Day gift as well. It was the only day we were actuallyi in Arlington.
We went to Marshall (East Texas) with the Davis's this past weekend! HAD A BLAST! See Amy's (a former roomate and very close friend) blog for details. She dared me to wear a shirt she picked out for me so I agreed only to be able to select her shirt. If you know Amy, you know why hers is so funny. I spent much time in laughter due to either Brian or Amy and even occassionally little Ellie! My parents kept the shorties so T and I had quality time as well.
Stopped by our friends the Irwins' on the way back to the metroplex. It had been exactly a year since we were there just hours after Bella was born and to get to love on her as a toddler was incredible! She is BEAUTIFUL! Brady, get that shotgun ready! Seriously, she is one of the prettiest baby girls I have ever seen!
We headed back pretty quick to Big L town b/c Ty had a T-ball game that evening, he had already missed one the Thursday before and had pictures at this one so our trip was cut a little short. We will go back in August for of course Dave, and will have more of a REAL visit. We hope to see more friends then. Ty is doing GREAT with T-ball. It started out very frustrating, to us, but he has really caught on and doing great catching grounders and is a great hitter! It is SO fun to watch him out there, bending over with this hands on his knees waiting for a hit... he looks SO big! I have come to realize that is going to be some of the best times watching him in sports and look forward to the years to come.
House is to a point but still lots to do, the summer shall be full of projects in every room!
OLIVIA IS POTTY TRAINED!!!! We are mostly excited about this. She works a lot different in almost every way from her brother but I guess she finally made the decision. She wanted panties like her older cousin Hampy (aka Hampton) so we went full on and only had two accidents while playing. I put her in a diaper at night and for naps because there is no pull up that will fit her tiny body, however they have been dry every last time! She even gets out of the pool to go because she doesn't want her swimsuit to be "yucky"!!! SUCH A GIRL!
Been VERY blessed by some thoughtful friends lately! Lots of fun housewarming treats and priceless visits. I have really felt God's love through others lately!
Both kids are swimming independantly with floaties right now. Believe me, this is a major accomplishment at this point. We are hoping to drop those in a couple of weeks. Ty has made leaps and bounds without them while spending time with Daddy in the pool.
We are looking forward to the drive-in tonight with our friends the Dye's! They have a children's double feature, Kung Fu Panda and Wally! I am so excited as I STILL have not been and have heard so many good things about it from many others!
We will be at the lake for the 4th in Brownwood with the Phillips clan.
VBS is also to come in July. I opted for another church this year b/c ours was last week and in the evenings. I prefer the daytime as does Olivia, my child that sleeps.
Trent is playing a little bit of golf (did you hear the sarcasm as you read?) and will be in a few tournaments this summer. This is the time of the year we are so thankful for the hours his job requires! He is still doing budgeting and recruiting, along with a few other things but by far the slowest time and we are enjoying him to the fullest!
5 comments:
Zoe and I will be in Lubbock July 19-28th...be prepared. Pics on the private blog..which you should have access too. Let me know if you don't so I can resend the invite. Later tater.
thanks for the updated post! So good to know you guys are still alive! Glad you guys are off having a fun summer so far sounds like. We won't be in big D in August. Poopy! Hey, I don't know Jodi Rhoten...do I? I don't know who that is. you have me stumped!
Hey girl! Call my friend Scott Paden to ask him about a custom desk. 806-239-8839
You asked for this info a loooong time ago, but your comment about no desk reminded me.
isn't wild how we get worked up over floaties and potty training???? that is great! can't wait to see pics of your new house. where in L is it? did you have this one built?
have a great summer!
I miss you, and I'm ready to come see that house!
Post a Comment