Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Its STILL Monday in my world.........

Well most of you know our son is and always has been quite the early riser. I think I have mentioned before that we now fix his milk the night before and have taught him to turn the television on himself so that we do not also have to get up as soon as daylight hits his room! Well this morning I woke up to a wet sister, not because SHE had an accident, but because her brother had taken it upon himself to fix them Kool-Aid for breakfast! In his attempt he spilled an entire pitcher of very sticky sugar drink all over my rug and kitchen floor and of course himself and O in the process. I then go to make coffee to jumpstart myself into getting everyone ready and lunches ready but forget to dump out the coffee from yesterday so I get to clean up the floor and cabinets immediately again from an overflowed 10 cup pot! So on with the day.........

Got them off, some errands run and then back for my afternoon class, which went pretty well. It was nice to actually go outside without wind and be warm! After school we come home I start more house stuff, which is being un-done behind me as I go. My house is beyond a wreck at this moment, I don't think it has ever been worse. Sister is also SUPER clingy for whatever reason. I go to start dinner. O is playing in the highchair, I ask her not to as I am browning meat, next thing I know she hits the floor head first. After much crying and a bleeding tongue and bump on the back of her head, she is indeed okay. There are many days that I really wish my parents lived closer, especially days like today- it would be nice to have just a little help occassionally! If not just to cry on if anything else!

Trent leaves to go to Nationals Thursday and I have the blessing and opportnity to join him as of Sunday if everything works out. My Grandad was admitted to the hospital this evening in Dallas - prayers needed there. He is having gastational problems and is in his 80's-everything is more serious with age. Anyway, my parents are suppose to come this weekend to stay with the kids for a week while I am gone and I don't know that they will still be able to do it with the situation with my grandad-prayers also needed there.

I am so excited to get to see my husband in action again. Its only happened two times now. It will be nice to be reminded that there is a reason he is gone so much! Also nice to have some time together away from shorties, every couple needs that! I am looking forward to also spending some time with the girls on the team. When we get back (two days after) we will be moving just 15 blocks north from where we are now, I think maybe not even a mile! THEN...........we will get to soak up our Daddy again for THREE WHOLE MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited to spend the time with him as well, but man it will be nice to have someone give me a break every now and again! Although school is out now, he is pretty busy preparing the girls for the tournament among other things.

Mother's Day was great and rather un-eventful. I got a great backrub and spent the day with my family so I felt pretty well blessed. We went to dinner at some close family friends so I didn't even have to cook! We had also had a nice lunch with some of our favorite friends so it was a nice day all around. I hope every mother reading felt joy yesterday. Even days like today, I wouldn't ever want it any different. I remember feeling kind of sad on Mother's Day before I was a mother and so longed to be called one, I thought of many in this situation yesterday and pray that so many get to experience all that goes along with it. All the messes and stress are well worth it!

12 comments:

lauren said...

I'm sorry that Olivia fell off her high chair! I'm glad all was okay, though. How exciting that you're going to get to possibly join Trent! I know you must be so proud! So, I'm interested in what you have to say about the sex of this baby! :) I go in two weeks to hear the heartbeat, so I'll post it then...let me know what you think! James' was in the 160's at first and then it went down just about every time. I've been feeling a little better, but still tired. I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day! You are such a great mommy, and you deserved it!

Pop said...

I had days like that. Sometimes I think that I'm being punished,then I shake it off and try to get on with the day. When too many things go wrong, I kid myself by telling everyone that the last bad thing to happen was the highlight of my day. Things get better.
Looking forward to seeing you.

Chelle said...

Sheesh, I got worn out from just reading that blog! Glad you all survived that day in one piece. Hope you are doing well friend :)

Michael Ann said...

Miss you! So glad that you had a good mother's day after all that craziness that morning! Hope you get to go with Trent & that your grandpa is okay....LOVE YOU!

SS said...

Wow, sounds like a "fun" day, but all your days sound full of excitement. I'm sure you'll be glad to have Trent to yourself for a while. I hope all goes well this weekend and congrats on the house.

realitymomma said...

wow! what a morning. your days are very "adventurous" and you handle them well. your deserve some hubby lone time - it will refresh you for another spill when you get back!

realitymomma said...

forgot to add - Jill (Elam) O'Bryant would like to be added to your list. you can check her blog out on mine and then add her. she has to be added by you in order to be able to view your blog.

thanks!

Amy McCown said...

You do handle of the craziness well. I hope that your Grandpa starts feeling better and that you get to go watch Trent on Sunday. I am sure that you are so ready for your summer break. I always get so happy when busy season is over and we get to spend more time with Wes.

Brooks Inc. said...

Lisa...

YOu are such a grace-filled mother...may the Lord continue to pour out His blessing on you and your family!

BJB

Sharon said...

Oh, Lisa - you are such a super mom - I would so be bawling my eyes out after having a day like this! I'm glad that Olivia wasn't more seriously hurt - that is so scary! I'm glad you're able to have some time away w/ Trent. BTW, Happy belated Momma's Day & Congrats on the house - so happy for you! Thanks for the prayers & back at you for your grandpa.

Sarah B said...

Oh what a day! I have had days like that!
So you sold your house and found one you liked?! I can't wait to hear about it!
Happy Mother's Day to you!
We are praying for your Granddad and your whole family!

Prince Edward said...

Just reading and catching up on your family.

Glad you had a good Mother's Day.