Today I celebrate my husband! I am soooo glad he was born this day 33 years ago! What a blessing he has been to me and Ty and Olivia. Everyday I am thankful for him but specifically today I celebrate him! Our kids are at a good age to understand birthdays better and even more fun, participate! I let them pick out something to put in a little basket of his favorites. Ty especiailly remembers things like everyone's favorite color and things they like to do. He picked out a blue basket to put the things in and his contribution was a towel. I asked him what that was for and he said Golf! We woke him up this morning with what has become tradition, another one of his favorites, blueberry muffins.
I am big on birthdays. Not so much about giving large items but things that are specific to that person. I think that is what makes birthdays special- focusing on the person you are thankful for in a way that is particular to them! I hope to always do this for my children but its especially fun for my husband. Its hard to come up with something he needs because he doesn't need anything and his wants are probably more than I could get, so instead its his favs!
I could write for days about why we are so blessed by Michael Trent Phillips, but you all know he holds a dear place in my heart, I will be more specific with him. I am known for telling people on their birthday that I am glad they were born, and I mean it every time I say it to a friend or loved one. Let me tell you though, he takes first prize on this one. I would not be the person I am without him and I would not have the two little people that bring me so much joy! His parents did a wonderful job raising him and I hope that my children's spouses will be able to say the same some day!
Happy Birthday Weasel...........
6 comments:
Happy Birthday to Trent from Pop and Cita.
Happy (day late) birthday Trent! Sounds like you were spoiled way beyond what you deserve!!! :)
Happy Belated Birthday Trent from the Irwins! You are so old, man! :)
What a great post! Happy Birthday Trent!
you are so funny, you have this sweet, tear bringing post and then end with happy birthday, weasel!
we all know trent and it is very well said. we are all thankful for trent. he blesses everyone he knows! hope you two get to go out for a birthday date....
2 weeks late, but happy birthday Trent...I have to agree that April 14th is a fabulous day; that's when my weasel was born too!
Post a Comment