I am having some serious blogger issues! Hard to post and then it puts the wrong dates! Also can not figure out how to change my blogroll back to how it used to be! I am so computer illiterate!
Well I have been in baby heaven lately! No, I did not say I have baby fever. I am just really soaking up other people's babies lately and it feels reallyneat to do that and then give them back! As I mentioned in an earlier post our new nieces were born nearly two weeks ago. I had the opportunity to go be with them last Monday morning and just spent some time staring at them!!! I got to change a diaper and give a bottle and had just compeletely forgotten how that felt with such a tiny little person! I am telling you I spent the rest of the afternoon completely elated!!! There is just something really neat about holding a new born baby, their precious little sounds, breathing, and wondering little eyes. I don't think you can get closer to God while still being alive! So fresh from heaven! The whole process of 'growing a baby' still just amazes me!
Its neat to see my kids with them too. Olivia is especially really into babies right now. Probably part of being a girl. We had another little friend over last night and they both were ALL ABOUT THAT BABY! Constantly bringing him their toys, telling me what they thought he needed. He is a perfect little one and went to bed at 7:45, much to Olivia and Ty's dismay! Around 8:30 Ty came in and said now can we get that baby up?! This morning they both came in my bed, as usual and after we were up for awhile it hits Ty about where is the baby? He said shouldn't he be up by now! After I explained that he went home to his own house, he responds with ...Oh Man! Its just precious to see little ones get excited about an even littler one.
I am enjoying this point in my life very much. I love my children's ages and I think we are at a great place. I always wanted a large family but life has not lead me that way and I am finally content with that. I am excited to have childrent becoming more independent but it makes me a little sad that I am starting to not remember what it felt like when they were completely helpless as these babies we have been around are! I remember it, just not what it felt like. I know at some point I will probably be saying the same thing about THIS point in my life with a two and four year old!!! I SOOOOO wish I could hold onto this time with them. Their personalities have really developed and they say and do some of the most precious things! We really need to video tape more, because that is all we will have! I don't think my brain can possibly keep it all in! My heart sure will though.
It was really neat last week to spend some time with just Olivia. She was a whole different person without her brother around! By the last day she was sure ready to see him. She asked countless times when he was coming home! She became pretty clingy that last day and I realized she has never known life without him. We were both really glad to see him and they have been playing great together ever since. I always find them sitting together in a chair and trying to go to bed together! This sibling dynamic is really neat to watch as their mother.
Have a great week!
8 comments:
Em just updated her blog with lots of pics!! If you got to this point to read my own comment, hop on over. Those pictures will make you smile for days!!!
Wanted you to know...I gave you a tip on finding the chocolate on my comments.
Oh, Lisa - I just loved reading this post about your precious kids. It is so sweet! I look forward to when Bella has her own sibling to play with.
every stage is so sweet. kirk and i still debate about having more. i want more, but he is ready to go to the "dr.!" maybe you will have baby fever sometime. i just put away a lot of baby stuff and it made me sad to think about not ever having a baby again. i guess at some point, you have to stop!
do let us know you have have other plans....until then - soak up every moment; like fridays!
Sounds absolutely fantastic! Sweet post! :)
So sweet! Children and babies are so precious. How blessed we are that God loaned us all these wonderful children.
Children are such a blessing! I can read your blog, so I am not sure if you added me (because it is now private). Just wanted to let you know that I can still read it :)!
I totally agree. I need to videotape more too! And I am going to kick myself for not doing it more! Days just keep going by.
And I too, wish I could freeze time and keep my kiddos the age they are. So precious.
Glad you had a great time with little O. She is precious.
Post a Comment