Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fridays

ARE:

Catch up day at our house.

The only day we try to not leave the entire day.

Mornings are lazy, afternoons fairly productive.

Somehow the only day the yard dude makes it to our house and almost always right after I put the kids down for a nap ;)

Consist of laundry, laundry, and more laundry from the past week and T's trips.

The one day I try to rest WITH my kids.

The one night we all reserve for one another, last before Dad leaves.

The day I catch up on e-mails, phone calls, and try to do a little reading. Usually consists of a considerable amount of sibling arguments.

We watch the most amount of television/DVDs.

I for some reason still get excited that its the weekend. Why? Its not like we sleep in. Usually just as busy as the rest of the week with various activities like birthday parties and such. I guess its because of so many years of the opposite I still think its supposed to be restful. Someday it will be again!

I do however get excited about the next day b/c we have made a tradition of doughnut breakfasts on the way to get the van for the next trip!

Are sometimes date day.

2 comments:

realitymomma said...

sounds like the perfet day. i bet the kids look forward to fridays as much as you. it is nice to have a "free" day. whether staying at home or teaching, fridays have a different air about them!

Alisha Stewart said...

A day of rest- that's so Biblical, yet most of us never find the time to "Keep the Sabbath"- even if it is on a Friday. You go girl!
We miss you guys!