Sunday, January 20, 2008

What a Week!

Well I think my little girl may be well and we are going to shoot for a sick-free week at school this week! Well, almost a week for the kids anyhoo. My sweet parents are meeting Trent in Abilene on Wed. to get them and take them back to Arlington for FIVE WHOLE DAYS! They have lots of fun things planned and I know they are going to have an absolute ball. They are taking them to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo, something I have fun memories of doing with them as a child and adult for that matter! I know they are going to love it and all the animals.

Trent and I are more than thrilled that we will all benefit from their time with Pop and Cita! We have never done this before, sent them both away and been at home without them! I am a little nervous, only that I will miss them a bunch.. as far as their care I know my mom and dad will probably be better than I could ever be! It is going to be SO weird... but very fun. We have lots of fun things planned as well! Mainly just being together and soaking one another up before the craziness of the Spring Season begins! This year is going to be twice as busy as last but the off season has been much better with Trent not reffing or stating as much, so I can't complain..... too much ;)

Being inside the house this entire last week about drove me over the edge. Our monstocity of a television has also been broken and pulled away from its built-in center causing an obstruction to the pathway as well as everyone on our bed in our room for any watching that has to be had! I let the kids watch their shows in there in the morning. Olivia is at the age where she is just into EVERYTHING! I mean, I walk out to load the washer, come back and she has everything drug out of every cabinet in my bathroom! Ty was never like that! He can just sit and watch a show, she has yet to sit through even one that is thirty minutes! Night and Day those two, just like their mom and dad!!!! Ty had been to several movies by the time he was her age, we are still scared to take her.

Speaking of movies, I had the sheer joy of spending a night with my friend Shauna last week. We went kidless to Bueno and then to see Juno. It was great, ALL of it! The movie was quirky funny and even a little jaw dropping big eyed funny at times, but overall..... very good. We always have such a great time together and its almost comical to embarassing how much we say, "ME TOO!" to have so much in common. I mean to the ridiculous point of famiy and in-laws, who also happen to be great friends and on vacation together at this very moment! She is just a precious person whom I have had the blessing of getting to know over the past few years.

Well the dinner bell is ringing...... I am letting T cook as he pleases while he is around to do it! Such a sweetie and really has been an incredible help while he has been home. I am getting spoiled and going to be all the more in shock when he is gone! Here is to a great week for everyone!

BTW, I want to see your favorites too at some point. I love knowing these things about friends so I can help make them to happen for you like Sweet Shauna and Larissa have for me with those GREAT DIET COKES!

10 comments:

Chelle said...

Enjoy the time without the kids! have lots of fun, and you know, catch up on some rest :)

Larissa said...

okay, I'm going to leave this comment in reference to the comment you left on mine, then go back and read your new blog and probably comment again! :)

I'm so glad to hear you cried too, b/c I got teary and was like, "stop crying, stop crying!!!" It just struck me! I have been quoting the movie since I saw it, one of my personal favs was, "Well Jesus is going to make a miracle for someone out of this garbage dump of a situation." Ohhhh, that made me laugh so hard. Or there was, "I think I'm going to call Women now, because they help women...now." I could laugh all day about it!!!

SS said...

Sounds like I need to go see Juno. Larissa described it as a "serious Napoleon Dynamite". Enjoy your time without the kids; you'll probably be amazed at how much you can get done or how late you can sleep:) I'll work on a list because I'm behind on that kind of stuff.

April Carrasco said...

What fun! I hope your kids are blessed by their grandparents and you and Trent are blessed with alone time together. I am glad everyone is well at your house.

Lisa said...

A whole week without your kids! Wow, I can't even imagine what I would do with the time! Have fun & sleep (a lot)!!!!

Michael Ann said...

Lisa -

It is definetely different when the kiddos aren't there. There have been a couple of times when we;ve done that and we have both said how eerily quiet the house is. It will be nice, and you will love the reunion too. I totally understand about the Olivia - that is how Cal and Carson are. Callahan is into EVERYTHING and Carson was and still is not like that. Anyways, enjoy your time together!

Amy McCown said...

So I was hoping that Layton would soon be growing out of this getting into everything stage, but it sounds like it goes on for awhile. Enjoy your small vacation with Trent. I have heard so many good things about Juno that I will have to try to see it.

The Binkley Family said...

I just gave you an award. Look at my blog!

Nicole said...

Five whole days sounds great! You will miss your kiddos, but it will also go by very quickly. I always have grand plans of things I'm going to get done without my kids and usually I don't get half of my list completed. Enjoy your break and your time with Trent!

Lisa Renee said...

theyr back......