Monday, January 28, 2008

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Now let the whining and crying begin! It has, in full swing.

Trent and I had a wondeful four days together. Wednesday after school I had the luxury of coming home and enjoying a long hot shower and the bonus of painting my nails and putting lotion on! Thursday morning I had breakfast with a group of girls at Jennifer K's house and then onto school. After school I went to TARGET! I never do that. I spent some Christmas mulah on some sale items and new swimsuits! That night Trent stated basketball games so I went along to watch and was VERY entertained! Talk about some close games and they (girls and guys) went into double overtime and won against a highly ranked ! It was also nice to actually get to visit and watch the game! I go alot and take the kids and they enjoy it, however it is quite a different experience!

Friday was a little more productive with some laundry and that evening I had a girl's night out with the same group of girls from Thursday morning. I looked back and it has been two years since I was at the last one!!! We have seen each other since but an actual night out a long time! I had SO much fun! We spent three and a half hours at Cafe J, one of my local favorites. The food was delicious and the company was priceless! See Larissa's blog for pictures! Saturday Trent had to stat basketball games so I tagged along again, not as exciting as Thursday but wins none the less. We went out to eat that night and the restraunt was so packed that we got out of there late and chose not to go to a late movie with account of church being early in the morning. Also a different experience, I actually got to fill out the outline and take notes! Something of the past for me these days.

I thought I was going to be so sad when the left, but not so much! It was wondeful for all parties concerned. They had a wonderful time in the metroplex and LOVED the stockshow! They got to eat at lots of neat places and Pop took Ty to see Veggie Tales. The movie theatre is at the mall and it has the most beautiful large carosel there which of course they had the joy of riding as well.

I picked them up yesterday and Olivia screamed the first thirty minutes in the car. She 'needed' me. Ty had a sore throat and fever and it just has gotten worse from there. All of his cousins have had the same thing this whole week he was gone! He was up, as well as were we, the entire night last night and nothing we give him or do seems to be helping! Of course everytime I call first thing in the morning, they are already booked so he has an appt. for tomorrow! My MIL is coming over this afternoon to be with him while I go to school. We have missed so much this year for illness its beyond ridiculous and I just don't feel like I can call again!

I love my kids so much it hurts. It just makes me laugh, sort of, that there is no easing back into this- its full on whining and crying today after days of silence! Even Murray the dog looks at me like "What in the World??!" T and I milked it for all it was worth and now its back to reality! No more clean house or peace and quiet. It was exactly enough time though. They were ready to come back and I was starting to remember how it was before they were here, and although it was good, it was not complete! I could not stop staring at them through evening service last night. I have also been a little overboard on the kisses and O has even told me to stop! We will get through this illness like the others and the tattling, whining, crying, etc will all be regular things again. This morning coffee is already helping! Funny how much less I drank of it while they were away......

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Glad you had so much fun and got some time to rest, relax, and fellowship. Welcome back to your "real" world though. Hope the little one is better soon.

Lisa Renee said...

I need help on figuring out where to paste stuff in my html without screwing everything up!!! Anyone?

Meredith said...

Hey Lisa,
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog the other day. I love how the "blog world" keeps people connected. You have a beautiful family and I totally know what you mean about being gone just long enough to really start missing your kids. Even with all the whining.
Meredith

Lisa Renee said...

Doctor Update:
Ty- virus
Olivia- double ear infection, yeast infection, and conjunctivitis!

Larissa said...

I hear ya...boy do I ever! I'm so glad you guys had a good time. Those times rejuvenate you so much to take on all that comes with the little ones...good and bad!

Okay, you have to teach me how you made that link!!!