Thursday, January 31, 2008

I had to add some more...

Why does this town have turn lanes the entire length of the street (which is also the entire lenght of the city) and no right turn lanes? If you ever are in the right lane you will be breaking non stop for the person who speeds up to cut you off and turn right. This is so messed up to me that there are no medians and very annoying. Was there a city planner who thought this was a good idea? Why?

Why does the wind blow 60mph for just two months out of the year and we have to live in dirt because of it? I am sure there is some type of scientific explanation for this one. Man do I hate the taste of grit and smelling like boy all February and March when the rest of the world is all spring like.

Why are mommies expected to be 24/7 regardless if there is a job outside the home and its just understood that men 'help' with their own children? I laugh about this often with friends, how we feel that we need to ask if they can watch them when something comes up for us but its just a given that we will be with them otherwise. I mean its really not babysitting when their yours is it? I never get a hard time about it from T and I don't know that he actually does something that makes me feel this way, I think its just how our society is.

Why are we scared to tell our hairdresser that we are not happy or that they did not get close enough to the roots and feel like we are cheating on them when we switch because of it? I know at least one other person who feels this way.

Why does whatever season we are in at the time seem to last forever with the exception of Fall that just flies by?! Could be b/c of the weather here in this crazy state.

Why do I get excited about things and sign up to do them and then when they get close I wish I hadn't and would rather stay home. I do this quite a bit actually.

Why do I get excited every time someone shows interest in our home that has been for sale for 13 months now and start looking again only to find the perfect one which I will see sold to someone else a month or so later? This has happened with three different houses now.

Why do the ugly ones in our neighborhood sell and for a higher price?

Why do I keep drinking coffee when it does absolutely nothing for me now, as far as giving me energy anyway?

Why am I still blogging when I have 45 minutes before I have to be at school and have still not had a shower?! Guess I will be not real put together today!

Okay I have come back to add a few more.... I thought I was going to be getting ready to go to work, but instead got a call to pick up O b/c she has a 101 temp!!! I went to get her and now will be here the remainder of the day which causes me to add a few more:

Why would a carseat company only make the seat cushion washable and not the straps?? O threw up on the way home and we took it completely a part and shoulder straps will not come out. They did on the carrier, do they think that kids past 24 lbs. don't throw up? We decided she is ready for the next step up and have been looking online, even the most expensive ones just say washable seat cushion!!!

Why on earth are some companies inclined to charge SO much more for a 'pretty seat' when others have the same safety ratings and are not $300?

Why has one member of my family or another been sick since October? We still have Spring allergies to look forward to! YES!!!! O has been to school only four days during the month of January!!!!! We have been in a pre-school setting since each of them were babies, never have we contracted anything other than ear infections or the occassional cold. What is different now? O was the only person in her class to get hand foot and mouth and then RSV two months later. It did not spread, thankfully, but it was just her!!!

Why do children seem to have radar for when their mother is either changing clothes or using the facilities and feel the need to be there for it? These radars also work for when she might be very quietlly getting a piece of chocolate!

Why do companies feel the need to package an item inside of a package? Don't even get me started on toys, but I opened a pkg. of paper towels the other day wher each one was individually wrapped, is this really necessary?

Why are the most frequent phrases out of my mouth, "GET OFF OF HER!" and "No!" ?

Why can I get more done after T is home, simply b/c of his presence than I can all day?! They seem to leave me alone when he gets home and allow me to be more productive. Of course the sickness factor makes them much more clingy. I realized this last night when I was making dinner, doing laundry and picking up all at the same time. Before that, no lie, there was some type of chotastrophe about every five minutes. T gets home, all is calm........

Why is Satan attacking our family right now? Does he think he will get us? Think again. All of this stinks but God is still well intertwined within us and things could be so much worse. Trent has a flexible of enough job to stay as needed for the time being and I have the luxury of working part time at a pre-school at this point in our lives. If I were anywhere else we would be in quite a bind. This is temporary and fixable things. I know we are going to be okay but please say some prayers anyway. My attitude is a constant challenge and although it may sound like sarcastic humor, I sometimes allow myself to be effected by it. God is good and I will praise Him in this storm.........

8 comments:

Chelle said...

Hope you feel better now that you got to vent! I don't miss the Lubbock winds at all! And the drivers? Yikes. Oh well, every place has something.

Hope your day went well!

Lisa Renee said...

Yeah, just picked O up, sent home with a a101 temp! IT continues....

April Carrasco said...

I love your Why list. I am sorry about your kiddos still being sick. My house has been on the market for 2 months. I cannot imagine this for 13 months. You are my hero. I am going to e-mail you later about details on your house. We have had a few friends wanting a new house and it wouldn't hurt to let them know about yours. Get some rest 24/7 moms. Who knew there were jobs that were 24/7 with no pay ?!? :)

Nicole said...

I totally agree with your assessment of husbands "helping" with their children. Terry always packs lunchboxes with me for the next day, but several times I have had to correct him when he says "I will help you." No, you don't get a pat on the back for helping me because it's not inherently my job, we are doing it together! At least he doesn't sit on the couch and watch TV while I'm packing lunches so I am very grateful for his "help" (even if comments like that get under my skin)!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SS said...

There are some awesome questions on there? This will give me something to ponder for the next few days. Sorry the kids are sick, AGAIN!!!!

The Binkley Family said...

First off, I am going to ASSUME my house was not one of the "ugly" ones that sold. :)

I am soooo with you on the hairdresser thing. I have no guts to say a thing and I do feel so guilty if I use someone else!!!

I am sorry you are having a rough day. If it makes you feel any better, we are actually having the same wind/dirt problem here!! Who would've thought?

Larissa said...

I'm sorry...I don't know what else to say, but that I love you and it will get better. I'm praying for you...really I did earlier today and I will keep doing it. Let me know if I can do anything and I mean anything...wanna a diet coke or coffee tomorrow??? I'm sure I'll need one, I'll bring ya one! I'll call ya!