Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Not a baby anymore....



Olivia's bed and bedding arrived. Last night was her first full night in it without trying to escape. She did great. I am in the process of making a top-quilt with the same floral fabric as the neckroll seen in the pic (previously a section of her bumper), and an additional pillow sham to go behind the gingham one which will tie together the color-scheme I have going on. I also am adding trim to the bedskirt which I will not put on until the bed-rails come off. I learned my lesson after Ty's was pretty much destroyed from it. The canopy that she pulled out of the ceiling over a year ago has returned and she knows not to touch it now. She calls it her princess bed. I still can't believe she is in a real bed. She is just growing and changing a lot lately. I guess this is a very pivotal age (26 mo.) The first pic is her last night in a crib. Not a baby any more!
Well the new year has begun and so has the routine, along with a few changes. I am now with four and five year olds and work from 12-3 M-Th. Its been a really nice change. I love the kids and its great to have my mornings free to get my work done at home and run errands and such. I have had a few breakfasts and coffees with friends and its nice to have un-interuppted discussion as well! My kids still go 9-3. This will especially be nice as Trent begins to travel again and with our house being on the market again. Oh joy, let the showings begin! Yeah, not so thrilled with that part, I can't believe its been a year since we made the decision to sell and started this whole process. God obviously has a plan and a time-frame that is different from ours, but we will let him take control of that. We actually had a lot of traffic during the holidays, which was especially fun (can you hear the sarcasm?) but nothing panned out.

11 comments:

Chelle said...

Her room is adorable! You must be a decorator or something :) Want to come to TN and help me with my girl's room? I could use it.

The new schedule sounds wonderful, time for yourself, and time with the kids. What a great balance. Hope all is well!!!

Summer said...

I remember you - you were the awesome decorator and it looks like you still are! I look forward to reading your blog when the kids go down....

Lisa said...

Lisa - her room is precious! Love the bedding...she's never going to want to move because of that room. Sounds like you guys are doing well.

1literatimommy said...

LOVE her room Lisa. You are so talented at interior design. And, I am glad you have a schedule that works well for you. That is nice!

realitymomma said...

can i come stay in her room? i promise to sleep all night - i won't even get out of bed until around 10:00 or 10:30 the next day!

it's beautiful!

A D said...

How precious! I am glad you got a better schedule. Miss you!

April Carrasco said...

Those hours sound great! It was so good seeing you at McDonalds. Your little girl isn't so little anymore, enjoy these precious times!

Amy said...

her room is sooo cute!! i can't believe she's in a bed already. cale hasn't even thought about climbing out of his crib, so he's staying there for awhile!

Traci said...

That room is so adorable! I love the walls and the bed is perfect. You must be an awesome seamstress to do all that work by yourself!!

Lisa Renee said...

Thank you Traci but I cannot take credit for the bedding, that would be from JC Penny's online!!! They even monogrammed the sham for free! I am however sewing trim to the bedskirt that came with it, a ball fringe exactly like the one that was on her cribskirt, and making a little topquilt with matching sham for the back. Not too hard though, all straight lines!!! Thank you for your sweet compliments though!

SS said...

Her room looks beautiful and I'm sure she'll love the new bed. As for the cottage cheese in that recipe, No you don't taste it at all. I don't touch the stuff ordinarily.