I just have the best kids in the world. I know every mother thinks that but man I really do feel blessed. I started getting some sort of tight throat the other night which has gotten a lot worse and accompanied with some body aches. The kiddoes could not be more accomadating. They have been so loving and sweet and happy to just do their own thing, knock on wood! At the moment they are once again watching spiderman with suckers in their mouths in complete contentment!
I absolutely hate being sick on Sundays. We had to miss a lot in December due to my kids or hubby being sick and were finally getting back on track. Last week was like a homecoming! I get excited about going to hear our preacher, and truely have a sense of church 'family' at G.L. and in our class. I am bummed to miss. I just have no energy and had little sleep so it would not have been one that I was mentally prepared for. My little shorties are such a delight though and make being sick not so bad. I think the fact that they are now both at an age where they are not SO dependant on me helps but they really do have caring personalities.
Please pray that we do not get a call for a showing within the next day anyway! The house is okay but my laundry is overflowing and I am trying to drag myself to do a few loads. I had this big plan to be so productive in many ways this weekend! I wanted to paint the sweet little cabinet that my friend Courtney gave me to match in O's room. I want to do a harlequin pattern on the doors and the rest plain with glass knobs. Great weekend to have the windows open to do so. Oh well.
We did have a good time before this truely set in yesterday morning at the Jumping Jungle to celebrate a sweet and special friend. We had never been to that one before and they both VERY much enjoyed it. We will definately have to return. I wish I would have looked more into it for Ty's birthday, but maybe next year. He ended up having a family party at Chuck E. Cheese b/c it was going to be such an expense to have very many friends with their package deal. I should have thought that through a little more, it ended up being even more on our own with half the people! Way to go mom. Winter birthdays pose a problem in the respect that you are a little more limited in your location of festivities especially if your home does not accomodate many people. Being the weird weather mecca this did come to our advantage on O's birthday in November when it reached over 80 degrees! We are having spring here today but soon to experience the joy of winter again Wed- Fri with highs in the low 30s! WHAT IN THE WORLD?! I love this town for various reasons but not for the consistency in weather, or the drivers for that matter.
Anyhoo... thanks for listening to my rantings if you have held on this long (Dad). It feels nice to be in a chair instead of laying in my bed for a little while anyway! A warm shower and warm cup of coffee have helped, its just the standing and walking around that sort of get me! Hopefully this will be gone before I know it. Its hard to understand that I would get anything with the fact that I am constantly washing my hands and do not have tonsils anymore!!! Pure craziness I tell ya.
3 comments:
Get well SOON!
Hope you get to feeling better. These kinds of winters give me the blues, too.
Love
Pop
Well now both kids are sick as well so I can't wait for their dad to make it home tonight! Another night of no sleep- woohoo!
Post a Comment