
Like the B family, we have more than one tree in our family as well. First we have Ty's "cowboy" tree.
Next Olivia's "frilly" tree.
Next Olivia's "frilly" tree.
Next our family tree in our living room. Notice there is no tree-skirt! Mine has vanished since last year so I suspect I will be making my way to Hobby Lobby at some point tomorrow to purchase one that is half-off! I am really sad! I LOVED my old one. It was a red velvet with a green velvet wide trim :(
The ornaments.... I love anything old or that looks old as a rule throughout my life and especially on the tree! My mother has given us the most to trim this tree but Ty and Olivia have added with some sweet ones as well ;)
My Dining room table is set with Lenox Holiday china which are a yearly gift from my mother-in-law. Our entry is graced with a precious simple pewter and rustic manger scene. I wrote about this last year when I had to replace Joseph's head to his body and enjoy it long after Christmas.
Next our stockings which are hung by the chimney with care. My nutcracker collection also resides here. Thank you Mother for blessing my collection with a new member each year! We enjoy a fire almost everynight and early morning because although the highs have often reached the mid 70's the lows are low 30's in this town!
Next my breakfast area with one small table tree, also a thank you to my mother for her incredible giving heart!
I added a "Kitchen" tree to my window sill last year. I found some little mugs that are quite useful little "gifts" to adorn the bottom!
These things help us to get into the holidays at our house. We have the tradition of opening one gift Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning. My grandfather usually reads the Christmas Story out of the Bible that night at my parents house where we enjoy fun little appetizers and treats. I do not watch Dr. Phil very often if ever but a few years ago I purchased his book, "Family First," where he discusses how important having famiy traditions are. He shared several but one that I have incorporated into our family is taking a video each year of the kids telling what they would like for Christmas each year as well and more importantly, what Christmas means to them each year. This may also include things they feel thankful for and blessed by. As my children get older and the years that we happen to be in our own home I would like to start a Christmas breakfast in our family followed by a time of study and prayer focusing on the birth of Christ which would have to be age appropriate of course.
Thanks for letting me be a part of this year's bloggy Holiday Happenings. If you have not already stop by and visit the host herself at :http://talkinghairdryer.blogspot.com/2007/12/holiday-happenings-2007.html
7 comments:
That is so sweet! I love your house! Do you really not know what happened to your Christmas tree skirt?
I love the decorations! Just beautiful!
Such pretty decorations! I love Liv's girly tree! Thanks for posting on Holiday Happenings!
This post makes me happy! What fun it is at your house. I love all the decorations too, very fun. Reading about your traditions was great, what sweet memories you have, and are creating :)
The decorations all look so good. I love the frilly tree. I am a big fan of having lots of trees in the house. I am glad that you guys are all feeling better.
BEAUTIFUL Home. You are gifted at interior designs lisa. I am really impressed.
If I fed you Underwoods, would you come fix my house up?!?!?
So pretty.....
Post a Comment