The View from our hotel room, 39th & 3rd
Imerial Pizza.. yummmm
Radio City, The Rockettes (KayEllen -mil, Tina-sil, Hannah-niece, Tamara-sil, and yours truely)
Ride on the ferry
In case you can't read, Grand Central Station
The famous MAP!
Tavern On The Green
Ashleigh, Me, and Shauna @ TOG
I had the huge blessing of being asked to accompany my Mother-in-law and Sisters-in-law, and oldest Niece to the City that never sleeps these past five days. I have always wanted to go and especially at Christmas time. What a gift?!!! I felt like I was five again the entire time! Just incredible.
We left last Thursday and after we checked in to our hotel we started out for Rockefeller Plaza to see my most anticipated part of the trip, the tree! On the way we stopped at Imperial Pizza which was an authentic Italian Joint! There was a picture inside showing a shot from the film, The Godfather. It was WONDERFUL pizza! Then we made it to the tree...It was quite a site! Bigger than I imagined and beautiful! We went down and saw the ice-skaters and then ducked in several shops. TWO of my ALL TIME favorites, H&M, and Forever 21!!! (Thanks for the tip last year Jodi ;) ) Seeing the department store windows for Christmas was pretty beautiful and just incredible!
The next day we headed out to the subway, which was a different experience every time we rode thanks to the very entertaining people that were along with us. I mean truly entertaining and wanted to be paid for it! There was a group of VERY young boys on one of them.....it was really quite sad. I also kept thinking I just don't see how people with small people do it there. We saw alot of strollers with their little ones bundled up tight! It was SUPER cold the entire time. I felt so sorry for those kids. I tried to imagine myself with mykids there and then noticed, you didn't see alot of people with more than one child which would definately make it more doable! We mostly rode the subway because we never even saw an empty cab! The last day we rode, we were eating in a place where one of the drivers was sitting next to us and overheard a message that a little four year old boy had been separated from his parents and a description to be looking out for. All I could see was Ty lost and afraid! It just broke my heart and I have not stopped thinking about him since. I pray that they found each other!
On a brighter note, we did WAY TOO MUCH SHOPPING! I almost did not get it all back! China town was a complete shopping high. I think my favorite store was FAO Shwarz though! I couldn't get myself away from the Madame Alexander dolls, that thanks to Meme my daughter is collecting, and then the baby section!!! I wanted a doll for myself! They have this little nursery set up where the dolls are behind glass and in beds just like the hospital, the salesperson is dresssed as a nurse and the little girls come pick out their baby. They get it out of the bed and prepare it for its new mother and then she gets to sit and rock it in a little chair!!! TOO PRECIOUS! Oh how I would love to take Olivia to do that someday! I had a ball in there.
I think the highlight of our trip was a tie between Tavern On The Green and seeing the
Christmas show of the Rockettes. Truly amazing, both of them. The fun part of our eating venture was getting to meet up with my sweet friends Shauna and Ashleigh who were also there on an all girls family trip! I love them both to death and how fun to get to experience some of New York with them! Ashleigh's mother, and Shauna's MIL is also a close friend of my MIL so it was a blast for all! We also went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Wall Street, Macy's, Time Square, Grand Central Station, and where the World Trade Center towers once stood. Very somber and sobering at the same time.
I am way blessed to have such fun Sisters-in-laws, beautiful niece who is just as beautiful inside- trust me you just can't know- and INCREDIBLY WONDERFUL AND GIVING Mother-in-law! We had so much fun just laughing together and I truely enjoyed every minute of each of them. Tamara kept us on track and guided us in the right direction, we could not have made it without her and I still don't know how she figured it all out! You know, I just had no idea what to expect of this city. I just pictured what I had seen on television and movies. It was really different in person and the people were un-believably nice and helpful!!! I don't know where they got a badr reputation but everyone I even just came in contact with was pleasant and smiling! I hope to be able to go again some day!
We made it back and our husbands made it okay without us taking care of our children. I had too much fun but have to admit I was ready to kiss my babies! The day I returned my first baby turned FOUR! I just can't believe it. I will post about that next. I am glad to be home and soak him and sister and Dad up for all their worth!
10 comments:
I am glad you had fun. I was thinking about you.
Elizabeth called Ty Sunday night to wish him a Happy Birthday - did he get the msg?
Glad your back, hope to see you soon.
It sounds like such a ball! I'm glad you had fun!
It looks like you had so much fun. We went there a few years ago right about the same time. I love NYC around the holidays. Since I have one of those little ones all bundled up on public transportation, I do have to say it is really not that bad. You will have to look at some of the past pictures on our blog to see Layton all bundled up. He is probably warmer than I am. I also have noticed that not many people here have more than one bundled in a stroller at at time. It has made me re-think having another one while we are here. We will see.
That was the coolest tour I have ever seen of NYC. I want to go so bad! Y'all looked like you had a blast. Thanks for the great Pictures!
What a fun trip! I have never been to NYC, but have always wanted to go! What fun!
WOW! What a fun time for you! Girls trips to NYC are the best -- I had so much fun going with just my mom this past October. One day I really want to see it at Christmas too!
so good to see you this morning. I'm still not sure how I didn't know about the NYC thing. Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time.
Looks like so much fun! We had fun today. It wasn't nearly long enough though. I could talk to you girls for hours. Let's plan the next one soon.
Looks like you had a wonderful time! What an opportunity! The Christmas pic of the kids is precious! I hope to see you soon!
had fun reading this one . .we had part of our honeymoon there, and you took me back to some of our stops we had! TOG, Rocketts, FAO, . . .too fun. What a great girl trip!!
Post a Comment