Monday, December 17, 2007

Little Ty Man is FOUR!




























Wow. Wasn't he just in a crib?! It is just going way too fast. Michael Ty Phillips is turning into such a sweet big boy! He is so endearing toward others and incredibly thoughtful for his four short years! Our friends the Fredericks and the Kemps invited us to go to The Nutcracker the other night. Olivia is still a little young and we knew it was a great possibility that she would not be able to sit through it. I was SO excited at the idea of spending a night out alone with him, something I don't get to do real often. I told Ty he was special so just Mommy was going to take him on a date. His response was, "Mommy... Olivia is special too- she should come with us." Everytime someone asks him to do something, go somewhere, or if he would like to have something, he insists that Olivia be included without being encouraged to do so! He often gives me a hug for no imparticular reason, and tells me how much he loves me ALL THE TIME! His curiosity has peaked and he is asking lots of questions about everything. He is in a constant state of wonderment. He loves to look at the moon at night, the sunsets (which by the way are unbeatable out here) and most recently how he got here. For now we are going with God made him and put him in his Mommy's tummy. His Aunt Emmy is pregnant with two baby girls and he is just amazed by it.

I absolutely love how he asks me to 'nuggle' and to put his head on my neck (my chin on his head). I love hearing his precious prayers at night and how he wants to make good choices. We are not "Love and Logic" parents so this one he has done on his own! I love how he runs to Olivia when she is crying for being hurt or in trouble. He tries to sit in 'the spot' with her to make it easier on her but we kick him out pretty quick. He is truely upset when we are at a restraunt and she has to be taken to the restroom for other reasons than rest. He has a strong connection with older people and is very attached to his 'great-grandparents'. He askes about his Paw Paw, my maternal grandfather who lives in Dallas and we don't get to see all that often. He tells me he misses him frequently and asks when we will see him again.

His favorite color is still green. He is currently obsessed with spiderman and was overjoyed with his cake this year! He still wears his Halloween costume on an almost daily basis when we get home from school. He spins webs wherever we go and is learning when the appropriate time is. His favorite Bible story is Jonah and the whale. Still lovin hotdogs and all fruit. He loves to pick out his own clothes and dress himself and does quite a good job at that. Also a little particular about his hair already, I think we all know where he gets that and its not from me! His favorite song on the radio is "I am Yours" but especially fond of the verse, "You make everything glorious..."

This little man is such an incredible example to me. I could go on and on. I wish everyone reading this could know him and experience his sweet spirit and see God moving in him and through him. I pray that He protect him and watch over him every day and that he wake up safe and healthy every morning. I pray that He continue to place people in his life that will forever keep him accountable and encourage him in his walk. Ty is so precious to me and I feel honored to be his mother. I pray that I can be the parent he needs me to be in all situations and can mold him for The Lord. Look out world, he is going to do great things... I just know it!

13 comments:

Larissa said...

What a sweet post Lisa! He is a sweet spirited little boy and you can just tell that by being near him. Happy Birthday Ty!!!

Anonymous said...

Pop and Cita thinks that this young man is something very special. Happy Birthday to a very caring and loving boys. He seems to be more mature than four years old.

April Carrasco said...

Happy Birthday Ty! Sounds like such a precious boy, with a precious mom :)!!

Chelle said...

Hooray and Happy Birthday to you sweet little guy!

We'll be in Lubbock the 22nd thru the 1st, hopefully we can see you!

Amy McCown said...

Happy Birthday to Ty. He sounds like such a sweet little boy. It is amazing at how quickly he has grown up. That is so sweet how he looks after his little sister.

The Binkley Family said...

Happy Birthday Ty! Four years has flown by. What a sweetie!

Alisha Stewart said...

I can't believe he is getting so big. It seems like just yesterday I had him in my class at Bright Horizons, and I must say that even then he was such a sweetie. He truly has a gentle spirit.
I have to tell you that you really made my day with your sweet comment on my blog. You are such an encourager and I'm blessed to call you my friend.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday to Ty!
Happy Birthday to Ty!
Happy Birthday Dear Ty!
Happy Birthday to you!

A D said...

What a tribute! He is the sweetest little boy. We miss not getting to see him as much (you too)!
You are a great, loving and nurturing mother. They are very blessed to have you and you them.
See you soon!!

Lisa Renee said...

Please say some prayers for Olivia as she is recovering from strep this week. She is already doing a TON better after being on anti-biotics for two days. Its just a lot of illness for such a little girl in a short amount of time. I hope we are done for a while with Christmas being next week. Also, thank you for all your sweet comments. I am so blessed with sweet blog-friends! Pretty neat how God works in all kinds of ways even through today's technology of blogging! Your encouraging and kind words are warming.

Kendra said...

Very sweet post . . he will treasure it someday for sure. What a precious boy, too - I want to meet him! He sounds a lot like my Colby (middle man). I bet you are one great mama, too. I love keeping up with your life through your blog . .

Larissa said...

Hey, i talked to Sheila yesterday and she gave me more info. I'm just so sad for all of them. I love you and am thankful for you. I hope you and your family are having a good Christmas!

Traci said...

Sweet post! He is adorable....they grow so fast.

You can click on the word blog and it will take you to our new site. Or, it's http://web.mac.com/tracilynn8/Site/
Welcome_.html