Well, we are all on the mend. My third trip to the doctor turned out to be the charm after another more powerful 'miracle' shot, new antibiotic and cough/decongestant/antihistamine syrum and my voice is slowly returning-just not quite yet! Olivia seems to be pretty much cleared up but is still on her anti-biotic for her terrible ears and Ty is still pretty bumpy. He complains a lot of his mouth and gums hurting and his hands and feet don't look too great. He should be clear in another day or so if he goes like his sister.
We woke up to snow Thanksgiving Day and it has snowed each night since. We had a rather lonely Thanksgiving- about the only one I can ever remember not really celebrating. We started to but then returned home for various reasons. We have been in the house the majority of the holiday weekend with the exception of a lunch outing yesterday and trip through the Starbucks drive-through, oh and I ran in Wal-mart for milk and such, big fun there! I put up our tree yesterday along with some other house decorations but have yet to actually decorate the tree! We stayed in again today watching the tube and made some beans and rice along with hot sausage from the Roberts. I can't wait to taste it!
Although the holidays did not go quite as planned, it has been nice to just be together as our own little individual family being lazy and not feeling guilty for doing so! I started out pretty sad about not having Thanksgiving dinner, its my favorite time of the year. I was quite upset about everyone turning from fall one day and jumping right into Christmas the next. Then I watched some holiday HGTV and slowly decided to give in myself. I have really enjoyed just holding my baby girl while she sleeps for naps and just sitting with Ty running my hands through his crazy curly hair. Trent and I have taken full advantage of this snuggle weather too so I am thankful for these things! Eventually I will be thankful for my health again too. God has truly blessed us with so much. I was also not really happy to be in this house for another Christmas, thinking it surely would have sold by now. I prayed for contentment and He gave it to me. Now I just look around feeling so grateful-amazing, how He can change your heart when you ask. I think the materialistic side of Christmas always kinda gets me down-but I choose not to focus on that and hopefully will raise my children not to do so as well. I am grateful to my parents for not putting emphasis on presents. As a parent I am all the more thankful for their outlook on many things.
6 comments:
Aside from your household not feeling 100%, sounds like you had the perfect Thanksgiving...sounds perfect to me anyway :) Keep healing!
It was good to talk to you today, even though it was only for a little while. I'm glad yall are getting better, and I'm glad that it ended up being a better holiday than you thought. Sometimes personal family time is best! Take care, and we will reschedule!
So glad y'all are feeling better. I love snuggle weekends!
I am just now getting caught up on blogs. I know that y'all are probably well by now but I am so sorry that you had to go through that!
I am SO impressed that you cut your hair for Locks of Love. You look great in short hair!! Did you have short hair when you lived here?
Probably at some point when I was there. I have grown it out and cut it several times but not to that extent. I had it a little above my shoulders around the time I got pregnant with Olivia. Thank you!
I am so glad that you are all feeling better! We need to see each other soon!
Post a Comment