Saturday, September 22, 2007

Well lots going on around here as usual! Trent was home a whole two and a half days this past week and will be gone for five! We did however make the most of those days. We were able to enjoy a dinner with some friends we have not seen in a while and Trent got some guy time in with Jon. Yesterday we did not have to be anywhere in the morning so we made Suzanne's famous orange ninnemon rolls ! They just always remind me of her because she loves them so much and I had never even heard of them before she introduced them to us several years ago on a Sunday night football night! Foods, smells, and music take me back to various places. We also watched the end of the movie we started the evening before, "We Are Marshall". Great movie but very sad!

We cooked together for lunch. Something we enjoy doing together and hardly ever are able to these days. We had baked talapia cajun style, roasted red potatoes and Trent fried up some zuchini and squash (my favorite!) and green salads. So tasty and minus the stick of butter in the potatoes, not too bad for the body! Afterward he put the kids down while I ran some errands and he finished packing. Two hours later we put him and his girls team on a plane and I cried pulling out of the airport. I am not a big crier, I hardly EVER do actually.

I think I am just allowing myself to become stressed out and I need to make the choice not to be. I hate it when he is gone even though I have had him all summer and will for two months after this fall season ends. I try to remind myself how this is so much better than when he was gone all year long for four days out of the week. Its just when I am in thick of it I lose sight of that. After basically working daycare all day I come home and drink three cups of coffee to gear up for dinner and bathtime and putting the kiddoes to bed. Then I hear Satan tell me I am too tired to get into The Word and the sad thing is I listen and believe him. I know that this is why I am feeling overwhelmed and I want to change this. I had about five minutes of quiet time in my bathroom yesterday doing the "Busy Mom's" devotional. Its nowhere near enough but its a start. I am getting back into prayer journaling again too.

The kids have a hard time when Dad is away also. They decide that its a free-for-all at home and develop a deaf ear to my instructions. Yesterday as I was coming home and the car was quiet I called Em to meet me for a coke at Sonic to catch up a bit. After two pit (field) stops for Ty and we were parked and she got in, Olivia turned into a different person and screamed at the top of her lungs the entire time. I got her out tried to give her some of my drink instead of hers, which was not satisfying to her, got back and disciplined her several times, nothing changed the circumstance so we were forced to leave. (I AM SO SORRY EMMY) This is not a rarity at my house when Trent is gone, yes ONLY when he is gone. This girl has developed quite the attitude and does not seem to understand that its not acceptable to scream at her mommy and tells me NO to lots of things. Last week Ty came up to me and proudly told me he colored on my coffee table! Whose kids are these??????????????????? Why can Trent just give a look or say it one time and work magic. If I ever pick up a phone the same type hysteria is set into action. It can be calm and normal for hours before but these things seem to set it off. Its like the phone turns into a giant sign saying GO WILD~

I kind of want to go wild myself! I will get somewhat of a break today as we are going with G and Meme and the Hays kids out to Seminole for Hayden's game and then onto Hobbs for Haylees 8th birthday! She is having a tea party with two other little girls. I need to go charge up my camera and get the house somewhat in order to trick my inlaws into thinking I have been keeping a neat house through all this! Yeah, the house is not going back on the market until Trent's season is over. I may even try to sqeeze in getting my fall decor up- that always makes me happy because its my favorite time of year! If I can just make it to Thanksgiving it will all be good! God give me courage, and I am scared to say patience, and help me to make good choices that can only glorify you. Have a great weekend everybody!

11 comments:

Amy said...

hang in there sweet friend! i'm so sorry i missed your call last night. call me tomorrow (sunday) during naptime or after they go down for the night and i will make sure to not miss your call, ok?

Larissa said...

I love you Lisa!!! I know what you mean in a lot of what you said. Nathan used to have that same power over the kids, which stinks now, b/c I don't seem to have that power!!! And I desperately struggle with knowing how to properly discipline.

And the phone...the same thing happens to us all the time. It's so very frustrating!!! Hang in there. This too shall pass, is what I say a whole lot!!!! I miss you!

The Binkley Family said...

I am so sorry that you are having such a tough time. Preschool has been extremely challenging for me as well. I know that in time everyone will adjust to the new schedules and things will get better. Sorry I can't be there to help out!

April Carrasco said...

Lisa, I will be praying for you. Parenthood is such a blessing, but so hard sometimes. I hope the Lord gives you patience, peace, and rest.

bairds said...

If it helps, know that I am with you 100% on the feeling when Chad is out of town. HATE IT!! He was gone last week, and Krista and I spent 2 hours at the playplace at McDonalds so we didn't have to go home and be alone with the kids. It is hard being at preschool all day, and then coming home to more toddlers. Hang in there, and know I feel your pain. We will say a prayer for you this week.

Larissa said...

By the way, but if you want you can come to my house and go wild with me! Just a thought!!!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me how to fry zuchinni, everytime we try they turns out soggy.

Harper Family

^starshine said...

When the world gets hetic and you feel like you are losing control, it is a good time to actually turn over control to someone higher up. ;)

If you ever need a night out, let me know cause we do "Mommy Night" almost once a week!!

And...
about the bows, I'll be selling them this Thursday the 27th and Friday at Raintree Christian Church (on 82nd between Quaker and Indiana) during the Cradles2Crayons childrens consignment sale. I'll have a booth there set up filled with bows. ;)

Take care sweetie!!! I'll be thinking about you!

Nicole said...

Wow, I can relate to so, so, so much of what you wrote about. My kids toy of choice when I get on the phone is the "popper"...that annoying toy that you push along and balls pop around the plastic globe. Very loud and very frustrating that they ONLY play with that toy when I'm on the phone. Ugh! I feel for you and hope your good days vastly outnumber your bad ones. :-)

1literatimommy said...

Hey Lisa,
I cannot even imagine how hard it is to teach preschool and then come home and take care of preschoolers. Of course, I truly believe if anyone can do it, you can. And, disobedient children are, contrary to belief, a reality in every Christian home. Children are wild soemtimes. That is just the truth. I know every mom on this page has shrugged in complete exapseration and wondered if they were doing what was right by their kids. I am sure it is nothing to do with you, and more about being three and one! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Brooks Inc. said...

Lisa-

Just catching up on my blog reading...and wanted you to know that thoguht this day is long past...I am praying for you tonight. That the Lord will sustain you through this season...that He would do more than even just sustain, that He would allow you to emerge victorious in every area...YOur heart is such a beautiful reflection of the Lord...Praying He will meet you each morning and escort you through your day...

Love you-

Becky
***My kids go nuts when their dad is not around...wish you lived closer, we would be meeting you at the Sonic at all hours of the day!