Monday, September 10, 2007

First Day at a New School



All dressed for our first day.



Liv with a backpack! She is still snackin on some toast!
Well we are now into our second week of school. I think the kids are doing well and like their teachers. "it was just the first week!!" or so I keep telling myself. I have nine 18-24 month olds each day by myself. Most of them are closer to 18 months old. All sweet kids, just the hardest days work I have put in, in a real long time. I do not remember being this tired after pulling an all-nighter for a deadline when in design. I did however have to take the required CPR and health safety class Sunday after church and had the blessing of getting to know some of the other teachers better. One of these had my class last year and has switched to the babies this year. I have her son in my class all four days. She gave me a lot of encouragement and ideas that I think are going to make a big difference. I could tell I have freinds praying for me because today was a lot better. Well its bath time and I am beat and this is going to be the extent of my blogging for some time I think. Things are just too crazy right now. I do still believe that this is a blessing that we can all be together and at the same place four days a week, however I am exploring other options for the future. This is always a hard adjustment for our family with Dad traveling in addition to all this so please continue to keep our family in your prayers.

6 comments:

Larissa said...

Please don't leave blog world! It seems to be our only form of communication these days! I am praying for you, and hoping that we can see each other sometime soon! Love ya!

MDM said...

Hang in there, Lisa. I bet you are so wonderful with those kiddos and you are blessing their lives. Your kids are so cute...little Liv is a precious little prep...I used to dress my girls just like her...too bad they have minds of their own now...pooh!

Chelle said...

I am sure you are doing an amazing job as a teacher for those little ones. Glad the kids are having fun too! They look so cute all ready for school :)

Amy said...

The kids look so cute! Cale started Sunshine school on Thursday. Can't believe it. Anyway, I'm sorry things have been tough lately. I've been meaning to call you to chat about it. Will try to call soon. Hang in there!

Ashley said...

I totally want to be apart of your next casserole exchange if possible.

Your kids are growing and growing, Miss Liv is sure developing her little personality.

Are you SO thrilled about our friend having twins?

Nicole said...

My goodness, Lisa! I teach 7 kids who are 2 years old and I am tired at the end of a day. I can't believe that you have 9 kids by yourself! Put your feet up and watch TV...you deserve it!