Well here we go, on to another school year! Trent has already been back to it all for a week now with kids. He got them all moved in and books bought, etc. last Saturday. Their first tournament is next weekend so they are practicing every day to qualify. Next week work outs start, for both of us! That's right, you read it here, keep me accountable! I will be running everday along with a Trent Ab work-out and yes I am scared! His days will go to 14 hour days! He will be leaving at 6 A.M. and coming home close to 9 P.M. every night for the next three months. Oh, and he will be gone four days out of every week too! I keep trying to remind myself that I had him all summer and will again for the holidays. Its just so extreme!
As I had mentioned before I will be teaching at a different pre-school this year. Of course the kids will be going as well. We all will be there four days a week. I have spent the last few days getting my room ready and last night we had "Meet The Teacher Night". It was a success. All but two of my parents came and they all seemed super sweet. I will have 18-24 month olds this year which is quite a change for me. Half the age, double the days, without help from a husband when I get home..........say some prayers for me. When I think about it too much I get a little overwhelmed but I know that this is a blessing and God will see us all through it. Its just up to me to choose to involve Him in every minute of it!
I get excited about the silliest things involving school. Trent's grandmother made Olivia the most precious little nap mat you have ever seen! I will post pics for you family members that never comment but verbally ask for pictures later! She also moves up to backpack status, well a little minature one that I found at Sam Moon last year. A cute little flowered Jansport-precious! She is going to look so big. She also now has a little lunch box. No more baby stuff, except for diapers-see previous post, for this girl! I am kinda sad about that part of it.
I love both of their teachers this year and again are so blessed in that area. God just takes care of my babies. I was a little overwhelmed at 'decorating' my room at first. Its quite a different deal than our last pre-school. Before we were only given one bulletin board and the rest was for Bible classes. Here, we have the ENTIRE ROOM, which is pretty big actually! They gave us money to go to Mardel's and pick out what we wanted. It was fun to do!
We are going to be busy busy from this point on. It will be a longer stretch before we get home again and no Dave Matthews this year! Trent will be in AZ. the weekend of it! I still just can't believe that we will be missing it. Dave is such tradition for us. Maybe next year! I would so rather it be this way than the way it was before with Trent gone ALL YEAR and I feel blessed to be able to do the pre-school thing for another few years anyway. Come on September, bring it~
13 comments:
You sound so brave and ready. I know you will do great! Just remember that you are doing all of this with God's power, the same power he used to raise Jesus from the dead! (See Eph 1:17 - 20)
And cue the music, "I will survive, I will survive...hey hey!!!"
Can't wait to hang out with you and the kiddos tomorrow! Whooppee!
I'm so sad y'all aren't going to Dave. So sad. This is my first year to go!
Lisa you will do great with the kids at night by yourself. You have done so much already and you are such a great mom. I just love you!
And Ty and Liv can come over for a sleepover. Marli would absolutely love that!
So sorry it didn't work out for us to get together. I will be back though! Next time, we'll plan ahead. Since I have your number now, it should be an easy thing to do. Love you friend, and am sorry we didn't get to sit and chat!!!
ps - hope you got my message I left before you read the comment I just posted....
I had my first preschool work day today up at our church! I get excited at this time every year when school starts. Here's to new beginnings!
Please tell me that Brad did not call you 'fatty fatty two by four'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are kidding right!?
We are starting our craziness here to. Maybe we can be in the same looney bin together?
You will be great!
whoops, I meant "too" not "to". I do know some English!
Good Luck with everything. I hope to see you around LCU this semester. Wow! You already deserve mom of the year :)!!
You are busy, busy! Maybe one of these days we can have our breakfast club again!
I guess we're all in the same boat. Well I don't think I ever got out, and sometimes don't feel like I ever will!
Missed you the other night. Did you go and not see anyone either?
I hope you had a good first day! Thinking of you!
Post a Comment