Thursday, July 05, 2007

Tagged

By Larissa. No new big news around here. We had a great 4th out at Meme and G's- a tradition. They put on a fireworks show directly over their house so we always spend the day in the pool, eating and then pull out the chairs for the show. There is also a band near by that we get to benefit from! I actually got in the pool this year! My kids are not real wild about it this year although they both loved the pool last year!!! Craziness. We have parties, appt.s and tournaments along with sports camps for Trent this next week. The business continues! On with the get-to -know ya 5s tag from Larissa!

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Let's see, that was July 1997...........I had just graduated from ACU that May and I honestly do not remember what I did that fourth of July. I was living at home and working in Richardson at my first job, Andy Jones Commercial Interiors. Probably went to see fireworks somewhere in Ft.Worth.

2. What were you doing one year ago?

The same thing I guess as this year, just had younger kids!

3. 5 snack you enjoy.

1-Sesame Sticks
2-Chips n' queso
3-Hot n' spicey club mix
4-mixed nuts
5-red grapes and cheese cubes

4. 5 songs you know all the words to.

Working 9 to 5 (Actually, pretty much all 70's and 80's country music)
The entire Grease soundtrack
Almost every Jimmy Buffet or Steve Miller Band song
Almost every Dave Matthews Band song
I just belted out to "You Raise Me Up" on the way home from the fireworks last night!


5. 5 things you would do if you were a millionaire.

1-Give to my church, specifically request a playground!
2-Completely support my missionary friends
3-Put my neices and nephews and little cousin through college
4-Give to the Interior Design Program at ACU
5-Give to the Golf Program at LCU

Probably need more than 1 million dollars for these things, it just does not go as far as it used to!

6. 5 bad habits

1-twirling my hair
2-messing with my nails
3-not calling people back, or e-mailing real fast
4-not good about remembering people's names
5-not a great listener, I get distracted too easily.


7. 5 things you like doing

1-Taking hot bubble baths
2-Laying by a fire in the winter watching a movie, or for no reason other than to be warm!
3-Shopping on-line
4-Eating Dessert
5-Laying out

8. 5 things you would never wear again

1-My prom dress!
2-Hair bows
3-Claw bangs
4-shoes made out of plastic
5-Stretch pants!


9. 5 favorite toys

1-Camera (I am right there with ya Larissa!)
2-Computer
3-Trent's XM radio (Gotta luv Lucy 54!)
4-DVD Player (We LOVE doing Netflix-especially Sunday afternoons and Tues.Nights)
5-Ty and I play Choo Choos a lot and I am REALLY looking forward to Barbies with Olivia!

I TAG April D, Little Whittle, Jenni K, Candice S, and Jodi Mc

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

love dave matthews and love paula deen? girl, we are long lost friends! haha!! thanks for stopping by and Em is definitely in my prayers! (love that lauren! glad that she had wonderful friends like you in dallas when she was here!)

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

So, I did the "5 Things" meme. It made me laugh that you know 9 to 5 by heart. I used to sing it in the bath tub as loud as my mom would let me. I also used to love Donnie and Marie...

How did we graduate together from the same school and I don't remember you? Surely we ran in to each other some time.

I enjoyed getting to read your answers and learning about another side of you.

Jacinda said...

So you were just 2 years behind me at ACU? I'm not sure I realized that! What was your maiden name and where did you live, etc.???!?!

Lisa Renee said...

I started at ACU in '92 actually, but graduated a year late. I had a serious boyfriend early on and did not pledge a club. I mostly hung out with kojies, however my roomates were two kappas and a gata! I was not actively involved and have not really been back but once. I graduated with BS in Interior Design. I am not die-hard but enjoyed my time there after the boyfriend, he was a bad decision!

Lisa Renee said...

Oh, my maiden name was Young

Lisa Renee said...

Live?
Freshman year: Nelson 3rd West
Soph: Gardner
Junior & Senior: 10th St. duplexes across from golf course
Second Senior Year: Westheimer Duplexes

Chelle said...

Plastic shoes....hahaha, that is funny!

Jacinda said...

I started in '91. I was a Siggie. I lived in Nelson 2nd floor (Fresh.), Sikes 3rd floor (Soph.), 15th or 16th street (I can't remember!)(Junior) and then out on one of the ACU farms once we got married (Senior). I got a degree in "Interdisciplinary Studies"-otherwise known as elementary education!

My roommate my Fresh. & Soph. years got an Interior Design major-Alethea (Martin).

Larissa said...

9 to 5???? Oh Lisa, you're funny!

April Carrasco said...

You ACU people make me laugh. At LCU, it is so small, you are all in the same dorm :)!!! Happy belated 4th!

Anonymous said...

Loved all your answers especially that you are Dave Matthews fan.
IT was so good seeing you today!