Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Last Week-Babies and more........










Thelma & Louise!













I love this picture of BIG Trent in front of Fugler's


















Wow, Brian is REALLY tall!













































Well on Monday, Brad and Sara (actually Sara) had their baby boy! We (Olivia and I) went to the hospital later that day to meet Carson Randall Kemp. Precious big healthy boy! Later on Thursday we headed to Arlington and I FINALLY got to meet, hold, and change Kyley's diaper! My close dear friend and sister Holly, friendship dating back to highschool, and through college had her only 15 weeks ago and I have been super jealous that everyone has seen her but me! I got in around 9:30, dropped girl and dog off at my parents and went straight to the McLean's house!!! Do you see the resemblance or what??!! Friday morning Trent and I headed for Marshall but made a quick stop in Tyler to see Brady and Sharon Irwin, who just hours earlier had their baby girl Bella.

We then went on to meet Brian and Amy for the tournament. I always look SO forward to this trip each year because it is the only true quality time time that we have with them all year. Amy was my roomate for the year and a half before Trent and I got married. She was more than just a roomate to me. We had so much in common but yet were very different at the same time. Maybe one of the only people in my life I immediately clicked with and hold very close to my heart. We had an absolute blast. We were able to watch our boys play quite a bit because the kids were all with their grandparents. After Saturday the four of us made our traditional trip out to Jefferson for lunch, a little shopping and of 'Texas' best limeade' for Brian. Sunday we went out for the first few hours and then Amy and I took in a show-also a rarity with little ones usually in tow! Too fun.
We returned that evening back to Arlington just in time to celebrate my Dad's 63rd birthday on Monday by eating at 'the original' Mexican Inn down on Lancaster in Ft.Worth. We have been going there since I can truely remember and its one of my favorite places as well so it was a treat for me too! SO blessed to have my dad as my dad for the 33 of those years. He is such a thoughtful caring person and has been a wonderful 'Pop' to Ty and Olivia.

We had a great week of seeing lots of people who are special to us that we don't get to see real often- but man is it good to be back in a place that is not so humid and back in our own beds. Ty's fish even lived for four days without food! Not one showing while we were gone and we are taking it off the market in four days and going FSBB until the end of August. Guess we will try again next year and make the best with what we have got for now. I have to say our neighbors across the street are not making that any easier. That could be and probably will be a blog in itself for a future read......

15 comments:

Kerri Thompson said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys really had a whirl-wind trip. Glad you had fun and made it home safely.

A D said...

Glad you are back. We missed you!! See you soon. Love the red/white poka dots!!!

Chelle said...

Glad you have fun! Who is that in the second picture? I know the face, but can't place who it is...I have moved too much!!!

Hope you all are doing well. Love you guys.

Lisa Renee said...

MD- the person in the second picture is Brady Irwin. He and his brother Brian went to LCU, they are Trent's age. You might have known them from there!

The Binkley Family said...

Yummy...I love the original Mexican Inn. Their chips are the best.

Sounds like a fun time.

Anonymous said...

Y'all have been busy! I am bummed that you are going to be out for the party! We wanted to see your sweet family.

Chelle said...

Lisa-thanks! That would be where I know them from. Dang, all these familiar faces, what a small crazy world!

Alyssa said...

I am glad that you had a fun weekend in Marshall.. I know you and Amy both look forward to it so much! I love Trent's hair long... he looks like a college golf coach for sure!

Em said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you had a great visit with so many friends, what a trip! We need to go to lunch, I miss your face!

Nicole said...

Sounds great! I love weekend trips without kids. It makes it even better that you got to spend it with Brian and Amy. Love them!

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Lots of babies! I love babies...other people's babies. When you just get to hold them and give the occasional bottle and diaper. But then you get to go home and sleep all night!

Larissa said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I would like to hear about your neighbors!

SS said...

I'm glad yall are back in town. Sorry that the house hasn't panned out like you wanted it to, but it will all work out. I'm with Larissa...I've heard some of the neighbor stories, but would like to see a blog about them. I'm always up for a good laugh.

Ashley said...

What fun and what cute babies! Glad you guys had a good trip!

It was so good to see Brian and Amy on your blog too. I love those guys so much!

Candice said...

Wow, Lisa, can I borrow some of your comments for my blog :)?

What fun times with friends and babies!

I'm digging the Thelma and Louise pic...one of my favorites as a teenager.