








I got a nice surprise from Trent two weeks ago- a cute little pink casio exilim digital camera! I LOVE IT! I had made the comment while at a rehearsal dinner last month, that it would be so nice to have a camera that fit in my purse. This would be the reason I did not bring ours to S.D, its too big and bulky and I already had too much stuff to bring on the plane. Well I was changing a diaper and in walks Trent, "SAY CHEESE!" as a flash goes off in my face! At first annoyed, and then happy to see that it was something different! I have been excited to use it and have included a few recent pictures because of it! Hopefully I will now be better about taking pictures! Thanks weasel!
Well, this past week has reminded me not to take our health for granted.
Last Saturday afternoon Olivia and I headed out to Crosbyton to see my good friend Krista (longtime very close friend originating at ACU), her three girls, and new born baby boy, and of course her parents. I was running late b/c I had to get the house situated for showings before leaving. I did not get a chance to eat and we had planned on going to eat once out there. I called and told them to go ahead. We got there and Olivia got real shy. The smaller girls were all asleep for a nap and her oldest was the perfect little hostess! Kayla will be in kindergarten this next year and it still baffles me. Cole was perfect and precious! Only three weeks old! I got to spend a lot of time holding him. Krista made us lunch, even though I kept begging her not to, and we had a WONDERFUL visit....well that is until Olivia threw up EVERYWHERE! She had a blowout that morning but I thought it was due to the spicey chimmichangas the night before. Well of course I cleaned everything up and we got out of there in case she had something contagious. I felt SOOO bad that we might have brought germs to them and to a new born baby! I also escaped without one photograph :( On the way home she got sick again. After being home she was tired but seemed to be better.
The only good thing that came from it was that I really cleaned my car for the first time in a long time. I had it washed the day before and had vaccummed it out but now I armoralled every last bit of surface and febreezed every bit of carpet. I felt like I had a brand new car!
Well Tuesday night, it hit Ty but worse. This was the first time he has ever been truely sick to his stomache. I had gone to run and come back to find the kids bathed and in bed. So Trent took off to run. I sat down to check my e-mail before hopping in the shower and Ty yells out, "Mommy my tummy hurts!" He always comes up with various ploys to not go to sleep, so my response was, "You are just fine, go to sleep." Next, it begins. We are talking his entire bed, wall, and bathroom. Trent is running this entire time. We had a showing at 9 the next morning and had already gotten the house ready. He did okay after several episodes within about an hour. Poor little guy. Needless to say, it was a long night but we made it up the next morning to get out of the house. We went to McDonald's and met Trent for breakfast and then the kids played.
That afternoon the realator called and the people that saw it wanted to come back for a second viewing. So me and the kids headed to the mall to meet KayEllen. I had not been in almost a year, Trent and I went walking around there after our anniversary dinner last year, in August! I have been to the play area and to a birthday party at lights off golf, but not actually going in stores! I found some things on sale for gifts, fun! We came back for naps later and my realator called saying they were bringing her an offer in the morning and it sounded really good! Trent came home that afternoon with what Ty had the night before, but a thousand times worse. I have to say I was not real sympathetic at first. The guy threw up three times on the golf course but refused to quti and come home. When I told him he was crazy he responded with, "I made even par though," as if justifying it! Only he would come back with a comment like that!
His lasted two days! After a long night once again, our realator called and said the people changed their minds. I got a touch of it as well during the night and we missed one of only 8 days of summer school. (BTW, I got the job for the fall, 4 days a week- PRAISE GOD! Its at Calvary only a few blocks from my current home) I guess it worked out well since we would not have been able to get together with our realator with all of us being sick-however I allowed myself to get a little excited so I am pretty dissappointed. My incredible MIL came and got the kids around lunch time and took them to eat and swim at her house with some of their cousins. WHAT A LIFESAVER! Trent and I were able to spend the day recooping. I am a lot better and Trent is getting there. I have never seen him this sick before..........it was bad.
Well we are all well just in time for Father's Day weekend! We do not have special plans as of yet. Trent is caddying for one of his players, Leah, in the Texas Women's Open next week and then we have our annul Marshall trip and tournament. We are not slowing down any, but its all fun stuff that we are looking forward to and feel blessed to be a part of. It will be nice to get away from the house for awhile and not be in and out for showings and constantly cleaning, for a few days anyway!
21 comments:
Man Lisa! That stinks (literally, I guess). I am sorry everyone has been sick. I am praying for the sale of y'alls house. I hope y'all can have a good summer now that the sickness is over.
LISA!! I had no idea it was that bad! and you still offered lunch! You are amazing and that is an understatement. I sure hope there is not going to be a round two. Please let me know if you need anything.
Icky icky germs....no fun at all! Lysol the house down!!! Hope everyone is feeling better and no tummies are being turned inside out. Hope the rest of the weekend goes well, and without incident! Miss you guys (but man am I glad I'm far away from the stomach germs!). Love you....and the pictures are great!!!! :)
Yuck...you weren't kidding! I got excited too when you said they were bringing an offer. I'm sorry it didn't turn out. I'm praying for that!
Oh that is awful! I am so sorry! I hope all is well. I am to hear about your awesome camera though!
What a crazy week. I am so sorry your kids were sick, and sorry the offer fell through. But, I am thankful you got a parttime job! That is a praise to God. Hope your fam. enjoys a great father's day.
Lisa,
We are sorry that it hit your family so bad. But grateful you left Crosbyton right away. None of the Harper's or the Ellison's got sick!
Those are awesome pictures of your family. I'm glad you're feeling better and looking forward to supper tonight.
Lisa, I graduated from LCU. I know, you would think with all the people we have in common we would have run into each other before. I meant to tell you congrats on the new job and I am so impressed that you don't go to the mall anymore than you do. You are strong!
I was sitting in the drive-thru at McDonald's when I saw a small horde of kids being shuffled by their Grandmaon over to Furrs. I was so excited to see that in that little group was Olivia and Ty!! I kept wondering when you would walk by but now I know why you didn't!!
I so feel your pain on the stomach bug. The last time it nailed us, both C&Z were throwing up in unison while Steven was out getting a script for their nausea. Thank God that Al was asleep cause it was all I could do to not go insane.
That is also when I discovered the beauty of using beach towels for blankets when it seems all else is in the washer.
Sending prayers to get that house sold!!
So sorry the fam was sick. Stomach bugs are the worst. Waiting for it to hit the next family member is miserable. You know it's going to happen, it's just when it happend that's the kicker.
I really feel for you. Watching the stomach bug work it's way through the whole family is tough, especially because I am never immune. I get it every time! I'm glad y'all are on the mend.
Love the picture of Trent looking crazy...or is that normal? :-)
A stomach bug the whole family gets...that's the pits! Especially when you are fitting in house showings at the same time.
Hope you are all feeling better now and enjoying your new camera!
I love the pics - they are so adorable of all of you.
Olivia's hair - I can't believe how long it is getting.
Just beautiful.
It seems like you guys are constantly enduring busy-ness and/or sickness and you all maintain such upbeat spirits. Thank you for encouraging us all. So sorry you have been sick.
You are so pretty, Lisa, and I can't believe how long your hair has gotten! I love it! And Olivia's hair has grown quite a bit; so cute. And speaking of long hair...I'm not used to Trent's like that! I guess a lot changes in five years :).
Precious family---so happy I get a little peak of what goes on with you guys. Love you.
Lisa girl - I need your email address! I thought I had it but cant find it. If you have mine, email me. If not, there's an email link on my blog (don't feel like posting it here). THANKS!
Gross! I hate the stomach bug! Glad that you all feel better!
Your kids are adorable and you are a little cutie!!
Hope you get your house sold soon and congrats on a new job!
I love that picture of you! Your hair is so long and gorgeous! I'm sorry your family got the stomach bug! I hope everyone's all better now!
Hugs from Central Texas. You look beautiful!
glad you are all feeling better. everyone has grown hair out except ty. I have not seen trent with longer hair in a long time. that may be the longest i have seen it. you look so different with your hair longer too. it looks great. and little olivia is going (already) has mom's great hair. you all are such a pretty family. miss you much!
Post a Comment