Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Summer Days........


Liv in her 'puff-suit'


Ty congradulates Hunter

Chuck E. Cheese's with Hampy! (AKA Hampton)








Tim's birthday-goofy brothers!





Well, I have been SUPER lazy lately, although I still feel tired! Not sleeping in so much anymore, that did not last real long, but occassionally he will go a little later. I have not re-charged the battery in my camera (have not had to since I got it!), the battery in my cell-phone is not working, and I feel like I need a re-charge myself! We have been going to the pool almost everyday. Trying to get Ty to move up to the 'big' pool. Where we go they have a pool that is one foot deep and its perfect for the both of them to play around, and for me to sort of lay out in! We have seen lots of people from our new school there and a few family friends as well. Its been a fun family outing, Trent will come for a little while and then go practice and play golf. He is in LOTS of tournaments this summer. I have totally slacked on laundry and can't seem to catch up. Have not kept up any plants on my back porch. Barely water the ones next to the front door. What is wrong with me?!?

Our house is technically off the market but we still have to sign the legal release form and take the sign out of our yard and lockbox off our door. I think I am going to feel a lot better knowing that people can not just come in our house whenever they want anymore and I will not have to be SO prepared everytime we leave! Last week we had been at the pool all day and had just enough time to come home and rest and shower before going to celebrate our good friend Zach's birthday. However, wehen we got home there was a message for a showing. I rushed around to get everything perfect with such a bad attitude of thinking this is all for nothing!! I, nor the kids were able to bathe before leaving.

The silly thing is, I am really dissappointed. I was so not about selling in the beginning because I am not a person that likes change. Then I really got used to the idea. We found other homes that I liked better. Construction began to take place on all major streets around us. Our neighbors got well, I had better not say because that would be ugly. Only hot water comes out of the tub in my kids bath! Not out of the sink faucet just the tub. No explanation for that. They now take baths in ours every night. I cannot fix Olivia's room for a real bed in a few months because one will not fit in there with the other furniture she has. I thought we would have moved by now while I have a husband around for the summer. Now at least one street is open getting to our street so three other houses before ours decided to put theirs up as well. We have one month at for sale by broker and then I guess I will need to accept that is just is not meant to be.
We have had a lot of fun this month. We have SOAKED UP OUR DADDY BEYOND BELIEF!!! SO nice having him home for the summer! We celebrated Trent's brother Tim (aka Bum) last week for dinner and yummy Bahama Bucks! We have been to lots of our nephew Hunter's baseball games! He made allstars and his team is now in the playoffs! Lots of quality time with friends and friends who also happen to be family! Going to chuck e cheese with the girls and Ty! Birthday parties galore! Em had a beautiful lunch Saturday and I got to go while my( grand-in-laws?) kept the kiddoes and fixed my suberban so that I can now see what gear I am in! Trent is driving a fun new sporty little car that he occassionally let's me drive! Ty loves it because he thinks "Its baby's favorite color purple!" Really its maroon but whatever! Had Olivia's 18 month check up at 20 months-oops! Thanks to Denise mentioning taking Caleb who is just a week younger! She has yet to reach the 20 pound mark but is growing in an upward motion at a moderate pace! The girl did great getting two shots! We (kids and me) are planning a trip to my parents this coming week and look forward to seeing all of our family and friends in that area. That's it!

11 comments:

Chelle said...

Hope you get to recharge soon my friend. What sweet pictures, such cute kiddos! Rest, enjoy, and trust...so easy to say huh? Much love to you all.

Anonymous said...

Y'all have been busy! I am jealous that you are going to the pool so much. Looks like you are having a lot of fun!

"How do you feel?" :)

A D said...

We have been going to the pool everyday ourselves. They both are doing great swimming around - even in the deep with their floaties.
Olivia looks so big with all that hair and how cute you fix it.
See you soon!!

The Binkley Family said...

I am sorry about the house. I know that is frustrating. I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your summer!

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I can't imagine keeping a house "show ready" with two little ones for as long as you have. Maybe the break will be good for you. You will be able to just relax and enjoy the lazy days of summer. I'm praying that you feel peace about it soon.

April Carrasco said...

Man, I am sorry about your house. I cannot imagine! I am glad y'all have had plenty of pool time and enjoyed family time.

Candice said...

Are you sure Trent and Tim are brothers:)?

1literatimommy said...

sorry about the disappointment! The pool pics looked so fun!

realitymomma said...

well, you know, God knows more than us sometimes and timing is big to him. So many things happen and we really only see such small pieces of the puzzle. One day you will see the whole picture and look back and say, "Oh, that is why we had to wait." It is so frustrating when we want to do things on our time and they don't happen or follow our plans. But, you know there will be something soon- and when it happens WOW! you know it will be big, because it will be GOD! You are so real and that is what I love about you. So what if a house is not kept up, laundry is not done,and plants - they survive droughts....you will too. how great you have taken care of your family and put them first and soaked up daddy. That makes more memories than trying to sell a house. you are a great mother a wonderful wife and an awesome friend. You accomplish more than you think you do even if just by example. at least you are having fun. hang in there!!!!!

Alisha Stewart said...

Looks like you guys are having loads of fun. I'm sorry about the house. I don't know why someone hasn't snatched up that place. You have it look so cute. Maybe we'll move back to Lubbock in a few years and I can buy it from you:)

Larissa said...

Hey!!! As soon as I get back you and I are getting together!!! I have missed getting to see you and talk to you!!! by the way, update your blog!