Tuesday, July 31, 2007

End of July

LOTS going on here this past week and a half. We took a quick trip to the Metroplex and our days quickly filled up. I had my traditional dinner with my highschool gang at 'OUR' place, Razoos. Such a treat since we don't have one here. We used to all go to the one in Sundance Square in highschool and college but now there is one in Arlington, so fun! Took a day to visit with some friends from ACU, had a ball with all the girls and kids- it had just been TOO long! Got to see my dear friends the Harpers and their gorgeous (new to them) home on the way back. 'Experienced' some traffic issues and don't know how you people do it there with kids! Got lots of good quality time with my maternal grandfather, aka paw-paw thanks to Ty. Lots of time on the deck and in the pool because of the incredible humid-free, low temp weather! We NEVER get to see everyone that we would like to because there is just only so much you can pack into a week and truely soak up family as well.

Drove back just in time for our neice Hampton's birthday party. Now its back to laundry and cleaning! Our house remains on the market with a realator until end of August, that is when our contract is up so we are going with it. They re-opened a street coming into our neighborhood two weeks ago so three homes on our street joined us in the seller's relm. Two of these homes sold in the one week I was gone, WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???????????? We are having an open house this entire weekend and hopefully we will just get some people in here.

Its taking me forever to download pics from the past few weeks, I will update with those later. We are resting after our class playdate at McD's today, man am I going to miss all these people next year! A lot of us taught together or had kids at Bright Horizons and attended Ladies Bible class. I will not be able to go to Ladies Class again until I am retired some day and I am REALLY going to miss it as well. I am trying to remind myself to be grateful for the job situation I have and not be negative. There is a season for everything.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Glad you all are safe, and had a fun trip. Sounds very jam packed, but packed with fun. Hooray! Andy and i were in Atlanta and it took us 45 minutes to go 14 miles. INSANE! i don't miss traffic like that at all!! I will be in Lubbock at the end of August, hopefully I will see you all then! Love you guys.

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

It sounds like y'all had fun with family. I am praying that the open house goes well this weekend.

Sara said...

I love Razoos' fried pickles!