Let me just preface by saying, I have not been good at all about taking pictures lately so you will just have to use your imagination! I stole this one from the LCU athletics website (notice the hottie in the middle). Read below for explanaton.
Well last Wednesday was the last day of pre-school for the year. It was quite chilly, which sort of put a damper on our outdoor 'playday'. Kids still rode bikes, did sidewalk chalk, bubbles, popsicles, etc. but no water stuff as planned. It was a good day. Very hectic for me! Our laminator broke so I was doing scrapbooks right up to the end but our directors helped out- they are WONDERFUL!
My parents met us at school, went home to pick up my bags and I was off to San Diego! All within an hour! I was waiting at the airport and noticed a family right across from me. It was a guy who appeared to be close to my age with a parent on each side of him interlocking arms. I thought, what a close family! I had a "C" boarding pass so I got to watch everyone board before me. As this guy boarded his mother broke down crying and his dad as well but kept himself together more. I then noticed the back of his sweatshirt, "U.S. Navy". Of course, I started to ball as well. That mother was sending her little boy off to war. As I made my connection in beautiful Albe-quirky, he stood behind me in line and I had to share my emotion with what I witnessed. He said he would be in Iraq in 10 days and had come home for a 'goodbye' visit but was currently stationed in S.D. He is three years older than me, not married and his name is Scott Taylor from Lubbock, Texas. He is a photographer but will be on helicopters that will most likely be shot at. He has already lost friends over there. He assured me that he was quite nervous. Take a moment and say a prayer for Scott Taylor right now for his safety and for his Mom and Dad ( a real cute little couple) to have comfort and peace from God while he is over there.
Lloyd picked me up at the airport and we were off to San Marcos CC where the girls had been playing the previous two days. I was SO excited to be with my husband!!!! It was beautiful there but not quite as sunny and warm as I had hoped. I did not wear any of the shorts I brought all week. The girls did great and placed 16th, which is not bad for their first time out. Go to www.lcuchaps.com more details. It was really neat to see Trent in action. I don't know how he does it. He was ALL OVER THAT COURSE ALL DAY! He helped each girl and kept every move they made in his head! I had a hard enough time keeping up with just one girl! I followed him and have an even deeper appreciation of his job. It was also nice to get to know the girls a little more and have fellowship with them. Each one of them are really neat young ladies.
That Friday the tournament ended and we all went to Seaport Village for the evening. We shopped and ate and had a great time. The next morning the girls and the Rineharts left to go home and Trent and I drove up the coast to Leguna Beach to meet the rest of the Phillips clan for his cousin, Steven and Marit's wedding. It was a little warmer up there but not by much! On the way we did a little shopping and ate at a great restraunt, The Elephant Bar. The designer in me was very appreciative of the interior! I used to do hospitality and corporate design which included restraunts and hotels. I really miss the creative aspect of my job but not so much all the corporate mess that went along with it! The next day was shopping (fun stores like H&M-my favorite and J.Crew) with the girls and the rehearsal dinner at a wonderful steak place in Leguna, called Flemings. I think they are a chain. We were in a very intimate room in their wine cellar, was divine! The next day all the cousins, girl friends and wives went down to the beach for shopping and lunch and that night was the incredibly beautiful wedding.
Trent and I drove back down to San Diego Monday and went to an area my friend Bethany took me to a few years ago called Old Town. We got the best sushi we have ever had at Miso Sushi on Harney street...... yes like the song. Its the original buildings of S.D. We walked through the historical part and got Ty and Olivia some surprises. That night we went to a movie, Disturbia and came back to our hotel to watch the last of 'The Bachelor' and hit the hay. It was really nice spending some time together as a couple, which we have not been able to do for a LONG TIME! We were both ready to get back to those babies though! I have been kissing them nonstop! I think they each grew in a week, and both have longer hair! There is no place like home, no matter how pretty the scenery from where you went!!!
Now, onto summer with a husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well last Wednesday was the last day of pre-school for the year. It was quite chilly, which sort of put a damper on our outdoor 'playday'. Kids still rode bikes, did sidewalk chalk, bubbles, popsicles, etc. but no water stuff as planned. It was a good day. Very hectic for me! Our laminator broke so I was doing scrapbooks right up to the end but our directors helped out- they are WONDERFUL!
My parents met us at school, went home to pick up my bags and I was off to San Diego! All within an hour! I was waiting at the airport and noticed a family right across from me. It was a guy who appeared to be close to my age with a parent on each side of him interlocking arms. I thought, what a close family! I had a "C" boarding pass so I got to watch everyone board before me. As this guy boarded his mother broke down crying and his dad as well but kept himself together more. I then noticed the back of his sweatshirt, "U.S. Navy". Of course, I started to ball as well. That mother was sending her little boy off to war. As I made my connection in beautiful Albe-quirky, he stood behind me in line and I had to share my emotion with what I witnessed. He said he would be in Iraq in 10 days and had come home for a 'goodbye' visit but was currently stationed in S.D. He is three years older than me, not married and his name is Scott Taylor from Lubbock, Texas. He is a photographer but will be on helicopters that will most likely be shot at. He has already lost friends over there. He assured me that he was quite nervous. Take a moment and say a prayer for Scott Taylor right now for his safety and for his Mom and Dad ( a real cute little couple) to have comfort and peace from God while he is over there.
Lloyd picked me up at the airport and we were off to San Marcos CC where the girls had been playing the previous two days. I was SO excited to be with my husband!!!! It was beautiful there but not quite as sunny and warm as I had hoped. I did not wear any of the shorts I brought all week. The girls did great and placed 16th, which is not bad for their first time out. Go to www.lcuchaps.com more details. It was really neat to see Trent in action. I don't know how he does it. He was ALL OVER THAT COURSE ALL DAY! He helped each girl and kept every move they made in his head! I had a hard enough time keeping up with just one girl! I followed him and have an even deeper appreciation of his job. It was also nice to get to know the girls a little more and have fellowship with them. Each one of them are really neat young ladies.
That Friday the tournament ended and we all went to Seaport Village for the evening. We shopped and ate and had a great time. The next morning the girls and the Rineharts left to go home and Trent and I drove up the coast to Leguna Beach to meet the rest of the Phillips clan for his cousin, Steven and Marit's wedding. It was a little warmer up there but not by much! On the way we did a little shopping and ate at a great restraunt, The Elephant Bar. The designer in me was very appreciative of the interior! I used to do hospitality and corporate design which included restraunts and hotels. I really miss the creative aspect of my job but not so much all the corporate mess that went along with it! The next day was shopping (fun stores like H&M-my favorite and J.Crew) with the girls and the rehearsal dinner at a wonderful steak place in Leguna, called Flemings. I think they are a chain. We were in a very intimate room in their wine cellar, was divine! The next day all the cousins, girl friends and wives went down to the beach for shopping and lunch and that night was the incredibly beautiful wedding.
Trent and I drove back down to San Diego Monday and went to an area my friend Bethany took me to a few years ago called Old Town. We got the best sushi we have ever had at Miso Sushi on Harney street...... yes like the song. Its the original buildings of S.D. We walked through the historical part and got Ty and Olivia some surprises. That night we went to a movie, Disturbia and came back to our hotel to watch the last of 'The Bachelor' and hit the hay. It was really nice spending some time together as a couple, which we have not been able to do for a LONG TIME! We were both ready to get back to those babies though! I have been kissing them nonstop! I think they each grew in a week, and both have longer hair! There is no place like home, no matter how pretty the scenery from where you went!!!
Now, onto summer with a husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW, Ty has recovered quite nicely, I am SO happy to report!
14 comments:
What an awesome trip!!! And that story made me tear up about Scott. That was neat of you to talk to him though. It sounds like you guys had an awesome time. I didn't know that you were getting to do that. But I guess I have been a little busy. Now I may be crazy, but I did r.s.v.p to Rebecca's bible study thing. If he's still in NICU, I will probably definately be there, b/c I will be up here anyways, and I can't be in NICU from 6-8. So who knows...it would be nice to get to see you, and see everyone else too! Love ya!
I am glad you got to have some fun time with your hubby! And I am glad that Ty is doing better. Summer is upon us! I can't wait to hear about all the fun things you guys do.
Congrats to Trent we are so happy for him.
We are also happy you got to spend some quality time together - it is so important.
We love you and glad your back!!
I've been wondering where you were...sounds like you have been a busy girl and having a great time!
Hooray for time alone with your honey! I bet you had an amazing time! Hope all is well. Miss you guys!
Sounds like a dream trip! Oh to just get away and be with Brad! Man!
I bet you guys had a ball.
And praise for Trent- how awesome is it that his team has gotten so far! That is great! They have put themselves on the map, or should I say Trent has put them on the map! That is just great.
Miss you girlie!
So glad you had fun on your trip but even gladder that your home!
Glad you had a good time! I am thankful that Ty is feeling better! I know its been a long road!
***Correction****
They (LCU girls) were awarded 14th place, not 16th. Things changed after all scores were in! Even better! Next year they are shooting for the top ten.
So, does Lynette have another sister...Lori? Lori's daughter was in my Pre-K, not Lisa's. I had a brain freeze there with all the L's I guess! I know they have to be the same twins...how many Lynettes in our town with twins in NICU?
I agree that it has been fun getting to know you this way. It just goes to show how hard it is to really know someone from the couple of minutes between worship and class, or even the few minutes of visiting before class.
YAY for you! I am so glad you are going to get your hubby back and you can have more memories!
How great that you got to have a little trip just you and the Hubby. It is always so nice to get away for a little while and refuel, but even better to return to those precious children.
Congrats to the LCU team and your hard working husband. May you all have an enjoyable summer:) I looks forward to hearing about it.
Being the mom of boys, the thought of my boys going to war scares me so bad. I will definitely pray for him.
Glad Ty is doing better. My oldest had his tonsils and adenoids out last August. I was surprised at how hard the recovery was.
Do you know my good friends, Alison and Andy?
lisa-
we are so excited for trent and all that he was able to accomplish with the golf team. i know it pulled him away from home, but how rewarding for him and for his family. glad you were reunited and now he can be gone all the time playing golf for lesiure. glad you had some time off as well. hope to see you sometime soon.
Post a Comment