Saturday, June 02, 2007

Well these past few weeks have settled down somewhat. When we got home, the following weekend Trent played in the Memorial Weekend tournament. This past week we have had several mornings together. Sister has been sleeping until 9 or later, her brother- different story but not as early as he was at one time. The boy just goes and goes. He goes to bed around 9:30 everynight. We usually have to get on to him a few times to be quiet. I go in around 10:30 or 11:00 only to find him still and quiet with his eyes wide open and him greeting me. He gets up around 7 in the morning!!! He never runs out of energy. He has a different voice now, higher pitched and has not quit talking. We had his follow up appt. the other day and he is completely healed. He has to go back in a month to see if his disolvable bandage is gone in his ear.

Today we had a shower for our friend Sara who is expecting a boy the 18th of this month! So fun! I will actually be around for this one! My plans for the later part of this month have changed a little. I have gotten a job for the month of June, just 8 days of it actually. Its at a summer pre-school program here in town. I am praying that it will lead to a four day a week job in the fall. Its pretty good money for just 8 days and is on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am excited for my kids to go too, there is a Biblical water theme and they are incorporating lots of neat activities. I will be teaching the two's. I have an interview tomorrow after evening service at another pre-school in town which has school the opposite days of Bright Horizons. This would be my second choice for two reasons. One, much better pay at the first one I mentioned, and two- consistency for us all to go to the same place all week. This would be a better choice for our family. I have enjoyed Bright Horizons all along and would love to continue on like I have if the money were not an issue. I am planning on spending a lot of time in prayer about this. I can thank my sister-in-law for basically getting me the summer job. I had no idea it was even available! She is such a blessing to my life for many many reasons.

We will be going to Arlington still, well sort of. We will have a day and a half there right before our annual trip to Marshall for the tournament that Trent and Brian play in every year. We always look forward to our time in East Texas with our good buddies the Davis'!!! This year I think we will get to have some 'couples' time and leave the kids with grandparents. We have not been able to do be w/out kids for two years now so it will be nice. I am hoping to go home for a longer visit in July since I have not been since March.

We have been spending a lot of time outside these days! The weather has been great during the day but we have had lots of storms at night. Last night Trent sat in our entry way with the kids with all the lights turned off watching the lightening and listening to thunder. I should have video'ed it! They were all giggling and in amazement.

Tomorrow starts a new quarter at our church and Trent and I will both be teaching, different classes though. I was a little reluctant at first because this is the only quarter that we are able to attend our class together b/c of his travel schedule. They are in such need of teachers though so it just worked out like this. I always love it once I get in there. I am not a very good singer but I love those little baby faces!!!

House still has not sold and we have not had a showing now in four weeks. The main street getting to our neighborhood is now completely closed for construction which doesn't help. Looks like we won't be moving anytime soon! We are trying to be positive in hopes that things will pick up this summer. I have finally given in and done some yard work and done some potted plants.

We are also looking at tubes for Liv this month but have not scheduled anything yet. I am having a friend do a hearing screen on her and then we will probably look at marking it on the calendar. She is doing great and has not had an infection in a while. I have not put her on anti-biotics in a long time and I am wondering if that has any effect. With our insurance, we really try not to go the doctor anymore unless it is an emergency!

Well, thats about it for now. Hope June treats you well!

7 comments:

A D said...

Busy, busy, busy...I'm going to miss you!!! Okay and details about this other school!!!!!

1literatimommy said...

You are busy, Lisa. I will pray that you get the job you want.

The Binkley Family said...

I will be praying that you end up with the job situation that is best for you guys. I know that can be stressful. You are a great teacher, so where ever you are, there will be some lucky kids!

Larissa said...

Hey, we need to talk...I didn't know all of this was going on. I feel so out of the loop! I pray the best thing works out for you, and it will!

It was so good to see you the other day, and I've been meaning to tell you how much I appreciated out talk that day at the hospital. You don't realize how much of a heaven sent angel you were for me that day. It meant a lot! love ya!

SS said...

Sometimes I think I'm busy, but then I think about you...I don't know anyone who goes as much as you do. My idea of busy is having to flip the channel back and forth because two good shows are on TV at the same time :) Things always work themselves out and I know this job situation will too. It will be fine, but I'll keep you in my prayers anyway!

Alisha Stewart said...

Hey girl,
I'm black to blogging again. Thanks for the nudge. I have to steal a quote that always reminds me of you and say, "I miss your face!"
Alisha

Lynette Reeves said...

Thanks for visiting out site. I do know who you are. I believe i talked to you one day at the hospital you were with Kayellen. your boys are beautiful!! good luck with the new job!.... the girls came home finally!!