It was a beautiful bouquet of multi-colored tulips (my favorite) and a little box of chocolates! The card said "I love you, Ty" We could not figure out if they were for Ty or who they were from. I thought how odd that someone would send him flowers! Well, stupid me.....Trent called later and of course they were from him (and the kids) for Mother's Day. He will not be here on the real day and sent an early surprise! SO FUN!
Recovery has been rough. I need prayers on how best to care for my child. Everything I am doing thus far is not working real well. He has his ups and downs which I guess is the case with any recovery. The boy has not slept well for a week now. It was a week ago today that he had his surgery! He is up all night every night, he screams out for thirty minutes at a time about every hour or so. This of course is hard on all of us. The first two nights we let him sleep with us, after that we let him come to our bed for a night or so, then it was time to not form a habit of it. Night before last he came in sceaming 5 times! We would send him back but he would continue the fit in his bed. This of course makes his 'neck' hurt! He has been on Tylenol with codine, which obviously does not have the same effect on him as most people. I have been giving him regular tylenol instead for the most part. I have kind of been walking around in a daze and realized how long this had been going on while talking to Linnea on the phone this morning. I called the ENT and he is calling in something else. I also accidentally left his refrigerated anti-biotic last night so we will be getting another one of those! He does not take good naps, SO restless. We all need sleep! He gets super whiney when sick and its hard to know how compassionate to be and where to draw the line of acceptable behavior!
Trent was able to be there the whole day of the surgery but has been pretty out of pocket since with his benefit tournament, recruiting, and preparing for nationals this weekend. He especially has needed his sleep at night! Its just been hard on everyone and we need prayers.
I guess its a good thing we have not had any showings in three weeks with all of this going on. Our house has now been on the market for 5 months. There are roughly 1600 home on the market in our town right now, flooded. This would be a prayer request as well. There are various reasons we want to sell. Our backyard is sloped. We have had it leveled twice but its not cooperating. This does not allow a swingset or sand box or putting green or anything for that matter! We would also like some room for toys, their rooms are small. I guess its also a blessing that the two houses we put offers on early in this process did not work out, we would be getting pretty stressed out about now. All in HIS timing............ I pray that the right people will be brought to our home.
I have another prayer request too. My friend Mandy, who was my roomate in college for two years. This is not the same Mandy on my links list to the right. She is going through a divorce just after a recent miscarriage and learning that her mother has cancer. She has asked me to ask everyone I know to pray for her. Her husband is not a Christian- you can imagine the numerous ways that this effects this entire situation. She has been away from the church for the past few years and does not have a church family, long story. She needs some real encouragement. She has decided to pour out a lot of energy into running and training for a marathon as she copes with all of this. She is running for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and has to raise $3800 to do so. She has asked that I share this as well in case there is someone reading that might have encountered this nasty disease in some way or another. If you are interested in helping go to her page: http://www.active.com/donate/tntntx/Mandy
Last prayer request: Next week is the last week of school. I am attempting to finish their scrapbooks this weekend, nine of them. I am sad to say goodbye to this little class- they are so precious! I was really blessed this year with some compliant three year olds. I am hoping to teach four days a week next year at another school in town. This would allow me to still be with my kids for the most part, or at least in the near vacinity until they are in school. Then I will look at going back into Design. We are on a budget with a lot of expenses and this would be the most ideal situation for us right now. Please pray that God allows this to happen and that I can be placed with the right people at the right place.
Well that is a wrap for now..........things have been quiet for a whole 15 minutes, ahhhhhhhhhhh. You can't know this but its taken me over a few hours to write this post because of lots of interuptions. I did get a call back from the ENT and he is prescribing a different pain medication but can't do anything about the sleep factor. He suggested benedryl, but Ty has not ever been effected by that either. He just gets hyper! Thanks for reading thus far if you have (I would be shocked if anyone made it this far) and putting up with my ranting. Blogging can be somewhat therapeutic and all of your encouraging words on my last post meant a lot to me. Have a great weekend!
15 comments:
i am sorry you are having such a rough time with everything. i will be praying for you.
I sympathize greatly!!! You guys have a lot going on, and I know it's hard being alone for the most part right now! I hope he gets better soon, and you get some rest...well that you all get rest. I pray for patience right now for you guys, I know that is so hard, and I know that you've got lots of things in your life going on right now that require that. but you are right, all in God's timing. I need to tell myself that more often!!! I love you!
What a rough week it has been. Recovery from surgery is always so tough. With Macy's surgery, the week after there were moments where I wondered if things would ever get better. A lack of sleep can completely sideswipe you. I am praying for sleep, recovery, and peace for you all!
Thank you! I am banking on plain old Tylenol tonight, which is what I have been doing the past two days. After lots of calls back and forth to the ENT and a trip to the pharmacy, we found out that the only pain meds he can take have hydrocodine, which is likely what is causing all this. He prescribed me the same thing with a different name for $50!! I am glad that I finally have gotten over my fear of asking lots of questions and being persistant, we did not buy it. We'll see.........
You have so much going on and I will be praying. PLEASE tell Mandy that I will be praying for her, and that I would LOVE to get together with her anytime. I think she is great and I loved getting to know her in Madrid.
Man Lisa, you are all in my prayers, but for sure your patience and sanity. Lack of sleep can cause me to be a different person. I am so sorry! I pray he gets better soon, therefore everything else getting better.
Mom and I will be praying that all goes well with Ty tonight. Also, that your plans will develop as you want.
Love
Dad
Hey Lisa. You are in my prayers.
Lisa - just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you here in Arlington. With Ethan's asthma and allergies we know how "tough" they can be when they're sick. I'll also be praying for lots and lots of patience for you!
I am so sorry about all of this. Lack of sleep is so hard for me--I am a different Mom when I am tired! You and your family will be in our prayers! Call me and lets meet for a coke!
Lots going on!! I love that I can live no where near you, but that I can know what is going on and pray for you. God answers prayers.
Hang in there with Ty. Jonathan had the same surgery when he was two and everyone told me before hand that it was so easy for their child to recover - not us! A solid two weeks it took, maybe a little more. He did not sleep and had a rough time. It will get better! I will be praying for you.
yeah, hang in there, lisa. that's actually a pretty painful operation.
when i had my tonsillectomy, i could barely drink water for 10 days. it was very, very painful. i know kids bounce back quicker than adults (i was about 25), but at only a week out, i would still show him a lot of patience. in all seriousness, i couldn't do anything but focus on getting my next dose of medication at for a week - so much so that i actually wondered whether i was developing a habit (it subsided after 9 or 10 days, of course). i certainly didn't sleep well, either.
give the little guy props for me.
anyhoo, it's a painful surgery
I am so sorry I am just now reading this...hoping things are maybe better by now for sweet Ty.
Keep us posted. We will be saying a prayer for him (and everyone else in the family!).
Hope everyone is doing better. Poor little guy. will be praying for you all (and for your sanity!).
Post a Comment