Sunday, March 04, 2007

update from the land of DIRT- YUK!




Explanation of these pics is written later below. I don't know how to put them where I want them within my writing!
Well we are all still dealing with the effects of breathing in dirt over the past two weeks. Olivia had a real hard time two weeks ago. She ended up with a severe double ear infection right after dealing with a tummy bug :( The good news is she is on the mend and eating better than ever! Its like she is making up for lost time! Yea for that, let's just hope it shows in her weight! I would love to turn her around and into a real carseat before she is two!
Trent's girls's came back from Temple placing third! It is the best they have ever done as a team in their conference despite the fact that they all played the worst he had ever seen! The weather wasn't real cooperative either but if they regain focus and all goes well, Tyler should be even better! I am so proud of him and the leader, example and coach that he is.

We had a great time spending time together this past weekend. We rented a few movies, and snuggled on the couch while going through SEVERAL boxes of kleenex due to all the sinus problems we are having!

There is a group of girl friends that I have been doing a casserole swap with over the past couple of years. Its really kind of deceiving to call it 'casserole' swap because a lot of the things exchanged are not exactly casseroles! I have ended up with some great crockpot meals, lasagna, chicken pot pie, etc. Anyhoo... there are 8 of us and we all make something freezable and get together to assemble/exchange about once every three months. It's great- I spend about $40.00 and go home with 8 different things to put in the freezer! This time another 'Taylor' joined so we will have 9!!! Well I decided to do Green Chicken Enchiladas this time. I made my monthly trip to Walmart Friday night ( yes monthly, a whole other post in itself) and had no place to store everything so I went ahead and made them yesterday afternoon. Ty was a great helper and did the stirring for me! This is the first time I have actually let him help in the kitchen. I am a little controlling I guess and learning to be more patient with the mess that might come along with that. Yesterday, no mess and he did a great job! I thought it was a monumental picture! Our exchange is not until next weekend but I will just take and help others assemble. If you do not already do something like this you should get a group together to, it doesn't matter how many and it saves you SO much time as well as money!
I have a few pictures that I will post later but March is going to be a full month for us and probably won't be blogging again until it is over. We have a class party this next weekend, Spring Break, a trip to the ENT for Olivia, as well as lots more tournaments. Basketball is over so no more reffing or stating for Trent! Yea for that! Those days he is in town we will be able to enjoy him! Happy March everyone!


12 comments:

Sarah B said...

Your "casserole" swap sounds like fun! We have tried a recipe exchange but we have had a hard time keeping up with it! Maybe we will have to try this!
I totally understand about cooking with your child! I have a hard time with it!
Have a great week! I'm glad you are all feeling better!

A D said...

Glad to sit and visit a little with you this morning.
Did you ever get my pics of the kids I emailed?
Glad Trent is back home.
Talk with you later!

Lisa Renee said...

He is not actually but thanks.....it was great visiting with you too! I did and saved themn to my folders. They took FOREVER to download!

^starshine said...

That is an awesome idea...might have to suggest that with a few playgroup buddies!

Hey, we are headed to the ENT at the end of this month for Goober Baby. Perhaps I'll see you there? LOL!

mammadavis said...

Can't wait to see you for the casserole swap! Miss you. How are your eyes doing in the middle of the land of the dirt?

Anonymous said...

Looks like Ty had a lot of fun in kitchen! How are your eyes feeling? This dirt is killing me!

Jacinda said...

Could you do a post explaining the casserole swap? I am VERY interested in it! Thanks!

Larissa said...

Hey girl...I will call you back. I haven't checked my voice mail in over 2 or 3 days. Thanks for your comments. I know what song you are talking about, I love that song!!! Love ya!

Traci said...

I love the idea of a swap but I think I'm too lazy to actually do it. You should post your green enchilada recipe!!

Hope your eyes are feeling better!

Nicole said...

Hey there! I do a swap with 7 girls from church and I love it! The difference is that we prepare ours ahead of time and double-wrap the entree in foil and then put it in a Ziploc baggy with heating instructions. Then we just exchange frozen casseroles. It's the same concept because I come home with 6 new casseroles plus the extra one I make for myself. It sounds fun to assemble them as a group...how do you all fit in a kitchen?

Lisa Renee said...

Hey Nicole!
We actually will be doing a frozen swap tomorrow too so that we can spend that time out to lunch together! Usually we go to our friend's house who has a HUGE kichen and very large island and work area and assemble there. We bring all meat cooked but also write cooking instructions. Its so nice to get new things that are homemade from people you love! I have tried to start up other ones, b/c you can never have too much, but it hasn't worked out.
Traci:
Here is the recipe for Green Enchiladas
4 cooked ck breasts, or 1 lb. beef, or 4 cans ck.
1 pkg. corn tortillas
1 can nacho fiesta soup (I like the extra spicey)
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken (if you use ck)
2 sm. cans hot green chilis
1. pk. fiesta blend shredded cheese
line bottom of 8 X 11 pan with tortillas
mix meat, soups and chilis together in a large bowl
spoon mixture over tortillas
add shredded cheese
repeat layers until full but do not put tortillas on top, make sure top layer is mixture with cheese or its too hard to cut!
bake 35 min @ 350

Traci said...

Thank you so much for the recipe!! I am giddy with excitement. Maybe I will make this for Alan when he comes back.

By the way, your kids and your house is adorable too! Plus, you make people feel good everyday with your thoughtful comments!! Keep shining, girl! :)