My 'highschool' long time buddies: Deawn, Heather, Linnea, Holly, Me, Melissa, and Thea. The only girl missing is Maria who now lives in VA beach. Eveyone else besides me are in the metroplex. We had a wonderful time anticipating the arrival of Holly's little girl. We will always be friends and seem to just pick back up where we left off every time! We all went to different colleges except Holly and I at ACU and Heather and Deawn at TCU. We used to have a camping trip every year post highschool but when we got married and especially started families, just not as easy to do. We still have a holiday party every year and I am able to see everyone just about every time I come in town and have fun play dates and dinner and such. There are also about five or six guys from our little group too and the majority of them are still in that area too with the exception of two but they still occassionally make the Christmas Party. We all got really close during Young Life our sophomore year of Highschool. Holly is now the director in Arlington! Our leaders Bob and Debi still come to our party every year and various showers. We have been through a lot together and these people are very close to my heart.
I also was able to enjoy a lovely dinner with my old college roomie Jodi and her husband Mike, also very much a part of our fun college days! Man, seeing people you don't get to real often just makes you miss them even more.... like a big tease!
The eyes: third week seems to be a charm! I woke up seeing great today! Road signs and all! Every day is getting better. Looking at the computer however is the worst thing and brings the fuzziness back. That being said I am signing off.
7 comments:
That is so cool that you keep in touch with all of them. I don't talk to anyone from high school...I didn't have the greatest experience. Which is probably why I treasure my college friends so much.
I am so glad you are seeing better!!! I am still unsure about tomorrow morning...I am having a hard time deciding. I forgot I have my dr. appt. thursday, which means I have a million things to do tomorrow b/c I will be busy almost all day thursday. Again I thank you for calling me last night. I feel so comforted knowing I have so many people who say prayers for me!
Glad you had a good trip.
So happy yours eyes are doing better.
This has been the 1st day without a kid with a fever since Friday (and both of them threw up Friday).
Hope to see you tomorrow.
I too think it's awesome that you still keep in touch with so many old friends. I think you have more friends than any one that I know. That says a lot about you. I'm glad your eyes are finally coming around. Hopefully it won't be too much longer....
It was so awesome to see you, Lisa! Although our dinner was much too short, it was wonderful to catch up with us face to face. I hope we can see you again soon! As always, I miss your guts.
I meant for us to catch up with you face to face! Sorry! that sounds really ego centric and funny though. It was terrific to see you.
It was fun to see a picture of all of the Arlington bunch. Holly looks so good. Keep me updated on when she has her little shetus.
What fun you must have had! Glad the eyes are doing better. Hooray!
Post a Comment