Today is my oldest, not by years of her age but by years of our friendship, friend's birthday! I posted this picture back in the summer but this is the only recent one I have that is digital. I will change that this weekend. Linnea is the one in black with her babies, Parker and Holly is holding Drake. My friend Linnea and I met each other in first grade and have grown into women together! Our birthdays are almost exactly a week a part so we spent many years celebrating together. We live in different towns now, both married with two children, and still carry a bond that will never be broken. So glad you entered this world sweet girl and blessed to have you as a friend. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!Be patient....Be patient Don't be in such a hurry.....
Amy Dickey (Smith) used to sing this song to me often when we lived together- in fact she taught it to me. Okay .........Okay!!!!!!!!!!!! God is teaching me and I am now forced to be. Today is the best day I have had yet. I had an appt. today and they are healing! There are a few dry spots on my eyes right in the line of vision which have been obstructing my view and adding a nice little glare to everything. I am legal to drive now but not for long distances b/c of the number of times and amount of drops I have to use in my eyes which is crutial to healing. So.....my sweet parents who came in Friday will be assisting me in my track to Arlington this weekend. The original plan was they were coming to help with my children while I attneded Defensive Driving Saturday and then would take Ty back with them for the week and I would meet up with them Thursday. Well........... My dad is leaving Tomorrow and my mother will be staying to make the drive with me Friday since Trent gets back late Wednesday and then leaves again on Sunday. I don't want to completely miss seeing Trent so I will at least get a day with him.
Speaking of ole Trent, I didn't mention our little Valentine date last week! In the midst of losing Grandmother, he still made my birthday and Valentine's Day special. He let me sleep in on my birthday and completely took care of the kids and then took us all out for a fun Sushi lunch, its my favorite. Well sort of.......... I am not a REAL sushi eater because I only eat rolls and seaweed salad. Its so much better than it sounds. Wednesday, one of the sweet girls from his women's team came and kept the kids while we went to eat and to the movie. I was still having a little trouble seeing the huge screen at that point but had no trouble seeing the blood and gore of Smokin Aces. Don't waste your money. Still.........it was nice to laugh about it and enjoy a night out on the town with such a hottie. So fun that I get to call him my husband! Man, I sure miss him! He is in San Diego with the men's team for the first tournament of the season. I would say lucky dog, but he is experiencing cold wet weather while its 72 and beautiful here! Well, almost beautiful, of course there is always this fun wind we get from Jan-March every year. Oh the joy, and soon we will enjoy the dust along with that wind and the rain of mud! Its a small price to pay for the awesome dry heat and actual enjoyable spring and summers we have. .... at least that is what I keep telling myself :)
4 comments:
That song is what Gary always tells me you sang to him. It is what he remembers you for!
Glad that your eyes are healing!
Thank you so much for remembering me on my aging day! love you - linnea
Hope that every day your eyes are healing more and you are seeing better. Just think once it is all over, it will have been worth to not have glasses/contacts anymore!
you are the best...thanks so much for calling me. It was nice to talk to a friend!
Post a Comment