Well the screen is a little too bright for my eyes and still VERY fuzzy to read so this will be a quick update. I am closing my eyes as I am typing so it might be filled with errors! This is a very slow frustrating process. I hope I can say I am glad soon. I have had to really learn to be ptient and to depend on others which has been very hard for me to do. I had an appt. today and they took out my contact bandagees. My left eye is progressing faster than my right. I can see very clearly for about thirty seconds after putting my re-wetting drops in and I do that every half hour. I still cannot drive for another week which ahs put a real damper on some plans. .
A lot of other sad things happene this week too. Sunday evennng Trent's grandmother passed away. She had been doing bad for the past week but had really started to go down hill over this past year. The funeral was yestreday and it was harder than we all thought it would be. Trenat and I had a lot of discussion last night about that and how death is still just so beyond comprehension. I hope I don't have to live woithougt him. Gerandmother was so blessed and blessed everyone she knew as well. Trent was SO blessed to have her all this time. I lost my paternal Grandmother whome I was very close to in sixth grade and my maternal a few years ago, however she had been ill for a long time and never met my husband or children. I sort of took Grandmother as my own. We used to have Thursday night dates with her every week when we moved here. We would take her out to Acuff steak house, meet at the DQ in Idalou for a coke, and out to eat numerous times. I sure will miss her but am so happy for her for where she gets t ob e now.
I also sturned 33 on Tuesday, not my favorite birthday but it was still good. My MIL is one of the neatsset people I know and how blessed am I to have such a wonderful relationshipe with her. With all she is going through, dealing with het passing of her mother, seh still got me and my BIL a cake for our birthdays and gifts that Tuesday evening after the visitation!!! There are so many ways that I want to be like her but her loving caring giving spirit is just incredible.
Well if there is anyone out there who has had PRK, please let me know how your recovery went. The doctor seai everything is looking good and normal but it could be 6-7 weeks from surgery before I am totoally 'normal'. I knew it would be long but I thought it would be SO much better by now. I want to wear my glasses so bad but they don't make a difference now b/c of thesc cells forming on my eyese which is part o fhealing.
Thank you for your prayers.
10 comments:
I'm sorry about Trent's grandmother. I'm also sorry that it's been such a trying week. I tried to call you Tuesday, but now I know why I haven't talked to you yet!!!! I'm glad your eyes are doing better because it will all be worth it in the end!! Talk to you soon.
My dad had an eye surgery a few yrs ago, and it took him a little longer to heal than he had thought, but now he is sooooo glad he did it. I am sure that you will be too!
I am sorry for the loss your family has experienced. Prayers are sent your way.
What a wk for you guys. You know you are in our thoughts in prayers-for Trent's family and for your eyes and their recovery. I know it seems bad now but it will be so worth it later!!
As I said earlier, I am right down the road, call me if you need anything, but I might call you first.
Love you guys!!
April
I've been thinking about you. I thought about you on your birthday, but forgot to call. Does that count? You know I love you!
I hope you are seeing better!!!!
Wish I could have helped Brad keep the kids! Miss you
I am so sorry for the loss you guys have had. You sound really down. I will be praying for you. I hope you heal up really soon...I have missed getting to see you!
Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about Trent's grandmother. Didn't we talk Sunday night? I feel horrible not knowing. I am sure there was something we could have done. Let me know if there is still something I can do. We need to take you out for your birthday. We knew you were in recovery so maybe next week we can come pick you up and go out. Hang in there!
Jen- it happened at 10 that night. You are sweet.
Yes, I really want to/NEED to go. (to LBS) let me know the exact time and where it is, and I'll be there. Do I need a book or anything, or just my bible? Can't wait. I hope you're feeling better. I know that has to be frustrating!!!
I am so sorry for your loss! We were just there a few weeks ago, so I definitely feel your pain. I am glad that your eye surgery went well, and will pray for complete healing. I had lasik almost 5 years ago, but I don't know much about the other. I glanced at the article in your last post, and it seems like a great thing! Keep us updated on how your eyes are doing.
Wow, you have been under some stress. We are praying for you!
Post a Comment