Well we had our One Year Well Check and the girl is 30 inches long but still underweight. She is about 15 lbs. They did lab work that day because the Pediatrician thought she might have a metabolic condition that was keeping her from gaining despite her large appetite! The girl can put away some food but you just don't see it on her! Anyway, the bloodwork came back normal. She then referred us to an Endocrinologist. The nurse is the middle person trying to get us in for an appointment but apparently its a long process. We will not even know if we will have an appt. until mid December and it probably won't be until after the first of the year. All of this makes me think it can't be that serious since there is not much of a rush. She is still teething. She only has her bottom two and now an upper. I have always heard that the later teeth come in typicallly the better they are for a lifetime! It held true for me, I have still never had a cavity!
Catch Up:
Well last Sunday we had Thanksgiving and family pictures out at Trent's parents house. We had a wonderful time and incredible meal. We were all color coordinated in fall colors for our pictures and all the kids in outfits that Meme got them. I will have to post some when I get more time. They are still on the card in the camara. It was so nice to just hang out there. We don't do that much now that we live here because we see them so much at church, to meet for dinner, and things. So nice just visiting and sitting by the fire!
Speaking of fire, the next day my father-in-law came out and fixed the pipes so that I can enjoy new gas logs in my home!!!! We spent that whole day getting things down from the attic to decorate for Christmas. Of course there were lots of kid interruptions and after jacking with the stand and finally bending out every branch that evening, I came to the realization that this was our OLD tree!!!! My parents got us a new one last year as a Christmas present to me. So up went this one and down came the new one which went up SO much easier! I decorated that evening while Ty watched a movie and Olivia played and Trent reffed.
That was a night I never never want to forget. Olivia went to bed at her usual 8:30 and Ty just stood in awe for a long time and kept saying, wow! I saw the tree shake a few times so I showed him how to touch with a single finger and oh so softly. His little short body next to it with that sweet voice getting excited about , "Santa", "Choo-Choo," and "My Hand!!" He loved looking at each ornament. That made it all worth it. We sat in silence and just the light of the tree for two whole hours talking about Jesus' Birthday. I taught him, "Away In A Manger," which he caught on to rather quickly, and hearing his little voice sing it just brought tears to my eyes. He sings it all the time now. I peaked in on him at school yesterday and he was singing it as he built with blocks. That child is so precious to me.
That Tuesday evening, after taking care of a ticket I got the previous week :( ...... we were on to Arlington to spend Thanksgiving with my family. Man do I miss Fort Worth. I just love that town and have SOSOSOOOOOO many fun memories there. My friend Jay was home from Floriday and we got together with our other (highschool) friends Heather-her family, Holly and Casey, and Thea. I got lots of baby holding and enjoyed a great meal at one of our old stomping grounds, Razoos. We used to go to the one in Sundance Square all the time before they were all over the place like they are now. I also got to see Linnea at her house the day before and spent an evening at Holly's planning for her new little girl to arrive in the spring!!!!
We also took Ty to see "Happy Feet." Cute but some scary parts with a sea lion and killer whales. Today's animation is just far too real. He loved it despit hiding his head in my chest during those scenes, telling me "Its okay mommy, I keep you safe. Don't worry Mommy." Too dang sweet. We also took him to the carosel afterward where he rode with Daddy. He loved being special to go on an outing with us and without sister.
My mom had her whole house decked out with pumpkins and corn stalks on the back porch along with scarecrows and hay bales. We spent a lot of time out there since the weather was so beautiful. Ty got lots of sandbox time and swinging on the horse tire swing. My aunt Mimi also bought him a ridiculous amount of Thomas trains and tracks which he had a ball with. That is the kind of birthday he is going to have in two weeks! We had a wonderful time with friends and family. Trent was miserable with allergies, but other than that a fun time was had by all.He found out that he has polyps back after having sinus surgery last spring so looks like he might be having another one before long. Also, my lasik has been postponed until the first of January because I still have a dryness problem. The dates in December did not work out with our traveling schedule but I did get some temporary contacts to wear on our carribean cruise!!! Thankgoodness............I am ABOUT SICK OF GLASSES!!!!!
Well that is my novel for now. No more griping about updating! I will be busy finishing decorating for Christmas and a lot is going on in the next couple of weeks so it will probably be after Ty's birthday on the 9th before I update again. Just a fore-warning! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving reflecting on God's greatness. Every year I am more amazed of His bountiful blessings and the joy He brings to my life. God is SO good.
5 comments:
Well thank you for the update. I actually meant next week for lunch...or whatever! My schedule is just too crazy this week, but hopefully it will start slowing down.
"My friend Jay was home from Floriday and we got together with our other (highschool) friends Heather-her family, Holly and Casey, and Thea. I got lots of baby holding and enjoyed a great meal at one of our old stomping grounds, Razoos. We used to go to the one in Sundance Square all the time before they were all over the place like they are now. I also got to see Linnea at her house the day before and spent an evening at Holly's planning for her new little girl to arrive in the spring!!!!"
hrm. that's cool, i guess.
I wouldn't worry too much about Olivia. I'm sure she just has her mom's really good skinny jeans:) Sounds like you guys are busy. I miss everyone in Lubbock and can't wait to get home.
I bet Liv is just tiny. My girls were and are that same way. I worried about it some, but not as much on the second! That story of you and Ty made me misty! You are a wonderful mother to treasure every little minute..you have to post pictures of your Christmas decor...go ahead, make me jealous!!
Your family is so adorable...I am sure all of the pics turned out great. I love hearing about Ty and the Christmas tree. What a sweet little boy! I love looking at Ryan and wondering who he will become in a few years. Sweet sweet boys!
Post a Comment