The time is just flying by! We made it through another week while Trent was away in Florida with the girls team. He has been gone the majority of the past two mnths :( They got back last night and we have him for two more days until he is back to OKC. This time though, the same day he leaves my parents will be joining us! It will be nice to have them around while he is gone.
I signed up for roasted pumpkin seeds for Ty's class party on Monday, so I went to United this past week and bought the biggest pumpkin they had!!!! I could barely load it into my cart!!!! I have never had one so big. Ty LOVES it and Olivia pulls up on it all the time! Anyhooo.... we are going to carve it with Pop and Cita Sunday evening. Ty is just now old enough to enjoy that. I also wanted some 'extra' seeds for us.......hmmmmmmm one of my favorite things about this time of year! It will also be nice to have them play with the kids while I make cookies for their teachers and our little class for treat sacks. Another one of my favorite things to do if I get the time.
Tonight I am having a jewelry show for my friend Kerri, her website is Olive Juice on the left. I am so excited and hope we have a good turn out. If you are reading, and live in town, consider yourself invited. She is so amazingly talented and makes such beautiful things. I wish I could afford to buy them all. I am doing a little Christmas shopping tonight!
The day has started out well. With Trent being here, I got to take a worry-free shower that lasted more than two minutes........even got to dry and style my hair and put make-up on within the same hour!!! We get to meet him for lunch and then while the kids are down I will be doing some cleaning for tonight. I need to run to the store for some goodies to serve and dinner for Kerri and me and that is about it! We have absolutely NO plans for Friday and Saturday and you just can't know how happy that makes me. I am looking forward to the time with my little family.
6 comments:
Lisa,
I hear you on the traveling. It has been nice for Kirk to be home every night. (making our move worthy), but market still happens. We are going to his parents' for two days, to get relief. You are so good at making treats and I wish I was there for Kerri's party. And the last post on Olivia, I too cannot believe she is a big girl. It is special to have girls - I have three!!!! They are so sweet. I will not probably have the chance for that boy raising which makes me a little sad, but I know one day God is going to bless us with awesome son-in-laws! Kirk cannot wait, and makes plans for them already.....
Can't wait to see the pictures of her b-day. Your whole fam is precious and tender.
MISS YOU BUNCHES!
You can totally steal my birthday pic idea! (What a nice compliment!) I stole it from a lady at church, except she had pink balloons and a party hat. I just wasn't that organized. My mom made the cakes, and the girls dropped them on the floor and stuck their toes in them. There was cake everywhere! Now, for a little stealing of my own...you and your friends all have these ribbon headbands. Do you make them yourself? They seem to go so well with brown hair and blue eyes, I feel like I need some!
I stopped over from your comment on my blog -- we live close, maybe, but I don't think it's the same town. I'm in Abilene -- your Legacy Park looks like a place in Georgetown I took my kids when we lived in Temple.
ANYWAY -- your kids are precious doodlebugs! I feel for you with a traveling husband -- my husband travels a little, but didn't start until our kids were 4 and 6. That's hard enough!
Glad you stopped by my blog -- I'll be coming back to yours!
We are planning on carving our pumpkin face tomorrow. Sam is so excited to help this year and can't wait for Halloween on Tuesday night. You have inspired me to maybe toast a few seeds for us when we get the pumpkin cleaned out!
Michelle- the ribbon headbands are from my mother-in-law. I think she got them at a craft mall here in town.
Sara- I hesitate to say where I live on the internet b/c of several reasons but we are further west than you. My husband was in Temple a few weeks ago for a tournament with his guys! He was so impressed by the congregation where they went to church that day. They sent him home with tons of goodies and later a nice card from the preacher saying how the youth were encouraged by the college athletes! Thank you too for stopping by, I plan on visiting you again too!
Lisa,
I am so glad that you found your way to my blog. I have enjoyed reading about your sweet family. They are BEAUTIFUL! It is fun that I can catch up with you. Since I also was unable to make it to our 10-yr ACU reunion, maybe some day all of us can have our own little reunion weekend.
Post a Comment