


The past month has just flown by and now we are nearing Olivia's first birthday which is making me a little sad! Its so neat to see her growing and developing but at the same time letting go of the "baby" in her is hard.
She is now standing on her own for short periods of time and has taken a first step! Not walking consistently though. She is making attempts at more words like baby, and dat, and dis! Her favorite thing to do is crawl over to the book box and completely empty it! She had two feet in it yesterday and the books were just flying behind her! She also enjoys doing this with dog's toy basket. She is a little bit harder to discipline than her brother and just keeps going back!!! She absolutely loves the remote and my cell phone and is sneaky about getting them both!
Olivia has become quite clingy to me in the past month or so and won't go to many people unless I sneak away and she is distracted. Even so, she will not cry long and adapts easilly to whatever, just not real willing to leave me. She is now eating all kinds of table food for example, lunch meat and cheese, cut up grilled cheese sandwiches, cooked carrots, peas, rice, loves rice chex cereal for snack time, green beans, cut up zucchini, squash, baked sweet potato, munches on cinnemon rasin bagels at breakfast and will generally have apple sauce or bannanas and strawberries shortly afterward. Its SO nice not to have to always bring food along everywhere we go. I can usually mush up what I have for her if we are at a restraunt. She is slowly weaning from nursing and drinking milk and juice from a disposable sippy cup several times a day. We are down to just about three times a day, if that, I try for just twice and not very long at that.
She is finally in 6-12 and 12 month clothing, although pants still hang on her. If they are elastic I roll them on so they will stay up! She is wearing a size two in diapers and shoes. Her hair finally stays in alligator clip bows but still not long enough for actual pigtails. She loves her bed. Sometimes she cries when I lay her down but by the time I walk out of the room and shut the door she lays down. She has developed a liking for baby dolls and carries a small one around that our friend Priscilla, from Bright Horizons got her last week.
She likes to put her face in the water at bath time, I don't know if she is attempting bubbles or what! She got a little top heavy out of her suction cup seat last night and took a dive. Ty was way more freaked out than she was. He was balling and kept asking, is my baby okay??? She was under for maybe two seconds, I was right there to fish her out. He is so protective of her, which is surprising to me at his young age. He was sick, and missed school today but she went to give me more time with Ty at the doctor's. Our friend Sandy met me at my car to get her and take her in and Ty went nuts after she shut the door and left, saying, "she take my baby!!!" She still LOVES her brother and squeals in laughter at him all the time. Its neat to see your children love on each other. Ty softly kisses her on her head when she is asleep.
I can't believe that before long I will be posting her one year old facts along with pics of her first cake, etc...... I can still vividly remember reading a pregnancy test and being pregnant with her and it just doesn't seem like it was a year ago that I was anticipating her arrival. She is SO beautiful to me and has such a sweet disposition. I never could have imagined what it was like to love a little girl so much. I already worry about her growing up and the people she will encounter and things that she will experience. I pray over her every night that God constantly watch over her and protect her and for her to wake up healthy every morning.
She is so curious and smiley and I wish all of you could experience her in the way that we have over the past ELEVEN :( months.............
5 comments:
She is a beautiful, sweet, precious girl and will bring you many years of joy. I look forward to watching both Ty and Olivia grow up...can you imagine if our kids end up dating....
I love that picture of her sitting in the basket, it's so cute. I remember when you brought her to the first bible study after she was born. She was so little! It's hard to believe that was almost a year ago. It does go by so fast!!!!
What a cutie! It was great to learn more about your sweet Olivia!
Olivia is beautiful Lisa, I think she looks so much like you. what a wonderful, sweet family you have.
I can hardly believe she is almost a year old! What a beautiful little girl.
Post a Comment